overall
Brewed by Harar Brewery (Heineken)
Style: Pale Lager
Harar, Ethiopia

RATINGS: 119   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.4   EST. CALORIES: 128   ABV: 4.25%
Ethiopian beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
piscator34 (1996) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - MAY 1, 2006
Gold in colour with lots of carbonation. Aromas of sweet malt, with a bit of bubblegum and herbal hops. Medim sweet on the palate, with some interesting (if not out of place) spice notes. There’s a bit of a Hallertau note near the end too. The finish is not so clean, but you can tell that there is some German influance to this beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
georgekessel (68) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - MAR 29, 2006
I’m a Hefe fan so the hazy appearance of this beer in the glass had me drawn in. However it really lacked flavor. It finished rather clean, dry on the palate (I prefer sweet). The best part is the insane warning label

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
CTwriter (34) - USA - FEB 27, 2006
Found by the bottle at Addis Red Sea, an Ethiopian restaurant in Boston. It was crisp and good with the restaurant’s spicy lamp. High in carbonation, there was little aroma. It was a great palate cleanser and tasted better as the meal went on. Not one I’d drink by itself; a little too selzer water for me.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Crit (3393) - Surrey, British Columbia, CANADA - JAN 25, 2006
Pale gold, small white head. Light sweet corn nose. Slightly sweet palate, mildly hopped. Better than expected

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
dornoy (701) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - NOV 20, 2005
Bottle bought in Paris at an African shop. At first I was a bit skeptical: beers from hot countries usually do little more than quench your thirst. But I was pleasantly surprised by the slightly sweet taste. Quite a good mouthfeel actualley. This beer deserves to be better known !

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
bikesandbeers (547) - san diego, California, USA - NOV 2, 2005
33cl bottle at Ethiopian resturant in Paris’ latin quarter. Sweet honey and spice. Hits the tonuge sweet like bread and honey and finishes with a bit of hops. good mouthfeel. A nice beer. went great with my food, although I hear that etiopian honey wine is even better.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
argo0 (11638) - Washington DC, USA - OCT 22, 2005
(33cl bottle) A hazy golden body with a white head. Aroma is medium sweet, bread, honey, some spice. Taste is medium sweet, bread, caramel, light spice, light bitterness, line. Light-medium body. I imagine my rating is inflated somewhat by my expectations being exceeded, but I would order it again.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
presario (4709) - Stampede City, Alberta, CANADA - OCT 15, 2005
Attractive looking Pale Lager. Gold with a frothy head that stays around for a bit. Not much for aroma. A hint of vegetable-like hop in the flavour and additional bitterness finish. Takes a little getting used to the flavour but not difficult to drink.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
Braudog (5894) - Traveling the USA, Missouri, USA - SEP 10, 2005
At the Brickskeller, Wash DC, 9/2/05: Hazy yellow with a thin bubbly head. Extremely biscuity and sweet-malt based. Silky finish. Cookie in a glass. Not as bad as I’d feared.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
Drew (2411) - Kent, Ohio, USA - AUG 25, 2005
I thought this smelled kind of strange, my cousin said it smelled like rice. Thin and bready sweet, overly carbonated, the lingering bad tasting finish caused me to make that "bad beer face". Bottle at the Brickcellar, D.C.