overall

RATINGS: 92   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.26   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 18   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
The Harpoon 100 Barrel Series Ginger Wheat Ale is an ode to brewer Scott Shirley’s favorite spice, ginger. The earthy, warming flavor of this golden-hued ale is derived from fresh ginger. Honey from a local New Hampshire farm yields a slight sweetness to balance the ginger spiciness. A small addition of Apollo hops adds floral notes to the aroma, while a hint of lemon adds acidity and rounds out the ginger flavor. Warm up your chilly winter nights with this ginger spiced beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
drewkennedy (4) - - JUL 22, 2012 does not count
I'm not a big wheat drinker (unless I'm in Germany) mainly due to wheat beer burnout in my formative drinking years. That being said, I really dug this beer-- a wheat foundation with some complex lemon, ginger, and honey notes that makes this a crisp and interesting drink. Note: this was listed as #42 on the label. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
vlj79 (3) - , Oregon, USA - FEB 15, 2010 does not count
I don’t typically like the taste of ginger, but for some reason it was so fantastic as a beer! I could drink this again and again.