overall

RATINGS: 1612   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.23/5   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Filtered and force carbonated.
Ingredients: Water, Three malts, including a 2-row pale, Northwest Cascade Hops, and Yeast.
This copper colored ale is floral, medium bodied, with a crisp, refreshing finish. Originally our summer seasonal in 1993, it is now available year-round. Harpoon IPA was ranked atop both domestic and imported IPAs by Beer Connoisseur Magazine.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
winterlager (101) - Orchard Park, New York, USA - AUG 5, 2003
Pours a clear amber, with a fruity hoppy aroma. This is a very smooth enjoyable IPA. Lots of flavor and you have to love those hops.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
michaeltrego (101) - Amherst, New Hampshire, USA - DEC 4, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 26, 2005 I used to think this was the desert island IPA. With an incredible balance of all attributes. However, I think it has lost some of its luster. It is just a lot blander than I remember...

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 9/20
Megan (101) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - NOV 4, 2005
An old reliable. My sister lives right near the brewery and has gotten for me before. Medium to light pour and mouth feel.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
onehotsexychic (101) - Albany, New York, USA - OCT 18, 2007
Super head, pretty golden color and a smokey flavor... much better then I expected

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
hammerbeck (101) - Kentucky, USA - OCT 29, 2007
I love an IPA, and while this isnít the best Iíve ever had, itís damned good. My wife couldnít drink it, so that tells me itís probably too hoppy. However, I liked the floral finish. The head disappeared almost instantly.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Haack (101) - Hornslet, DENMARK - AUG 18, 2009
I tried this "local" Boston Beer on my trip to the East Coast this Summer (2009). I really like the long aftertast of hops and instantly bought a sixíer for my trip. A very drinkable IPA.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
phillybeer7779 (101) - Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 5, 2011
On tap. Hoppy flavor, on the piney side. Rather bitter, not very pleasant though. Below average IPA.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
flyingshoes (100) - USA - MAY 27, 2009
12 oz bottle. Not the most impressive IPA, but not godawful. Hoppy, but not much else. Average appearance and palate. Passable.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
TheCEO (100) - USA - APR 1, 2007
I donít like to go into details about the nose and flavors and so on...many of you already cover those things. This is a very good beer. You can drink it right when you wake up and feel classy. If you consider yourself a Beer lover, youíll like this...

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
gferd (99) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - JUN 21, 2006
Fruity without a harsh bitter aftertaste. Nice hoppiness (dry hopped), without too many IBUís.