overall

RATINGS: 733   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.14   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 22   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Harpoon Winter Warmer is a full-bodied rich ale that uses a touch of cinnamon and nutmeg to achieve its spirited flavor. Perfect for the holidays!
Ingredients: Water, Malted Barley, Hops, Yeast, Flavoring (cinnamon and nutmeg).

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Prostman (1077) - Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 28, 2002
The best part about this beer is the aroma. That is mostly due to the fact that I like cinnamon and nutmeg. However, the taste of these spices and beer should not mix together quite so strongly. An interesting beer to try once, but there are better beers out there.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
ravidesai (940) - Bombay, INDIA - NOV 26, 2002
2002 batch.very heavily spiced beer. nutmeg flavor is very distinct. gingerbnread in a bottle.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
SeanHolland99 (5) - Maryland, USA - NOV 22, 2002 does not count
Love this beer! Canít get enough of it! I know that spiced beers turn off a lot of craft brew purists but, this is a very smooth brew with a delightful cinnimon sensation to it. I offer it to my patrons as "Christmas in a glass!" This is a truly great beer to warm you through the winter months though, I recomend finding it on tap in order to fully appreciate it.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
hopscotch (8529) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - NOV 19, 2002
UPDATED: DEC 15, 2004 I just tried the 2002. Just as good as last yearís batch. This beer rocks. The commercial description and descriptions of other members will have to suffice as I did not take notes while getting ripped on this stuff at a friendís house last November, 2001. However, the aroma and flavor are divine. This Winter Warmer will not disappoint. Happy Holidays.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
ToadMan (559) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - NOV 17, 2002
On a snowy New England night this would be great.... thats how the story goes, but I was in New England and I risked my life driving through a strom to get to the bar, but the beer just didnt hold up its end. The aroma was like ginger bread sprinkled with cinnamon and the first couple sips were great, but the sweetness is just too much and by the end I had a hard time finishing it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Tom Servo (424) - Arlington, Virginia, USA - NOV 13, 2002
Definite spice in this one. Has a nose on it like a cinnamon candy. Bright coloring, and a nutmeg aftertaste. The overall taste is a little disappointing after the aroma, but an overall good beer. My favorite from Harpoon.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
bruno1378 (126) - Epping, New Hampshire, USA - NOV 8, 2002
This was a great beer. My first sniff made me realize this was going to be good. The aroma I canít really describe...all in a few sniffs I was thinking of apple pie with cinnamon and eggnog with nutmeg. This is one of the better íwinterí type beers Iíve had. Really is great for the season.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
freekyp (1462) - Thomasville, North Carolina, USA - NOV 5, 2002
UPDATED: FEB 8, 2009 Fantastic marriage of spices and ale. Nutmeg flavor is extremely pronounced. Gingerbread shows its face as well. A fantastic xmas session beer and great with desserts. One of my favorites.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Hopistotle420 (1178) - Amherst, Massachusetts, USA - NOV 1, 2002
Clear deep golden orange hue. CLean head dissipates first. Spicey/sweet aroma, ginberbread and and spice. Very nice, orange citrus falvors, nutmeg, cinnamon, bitter in the finish. Decent brew.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Steak (124) - New York, USA - OCT 31, 2002
This is a beer that fits the "seasonal" catergory perfectly because I donít think I could drink it at any other time that in the winter. Beautiful pumpkin orange tint to the color of the brew. I personally didnít mind the amount of the spices used to flavor it and give it aroma because there was so little else in the brew. I love nutmeg and cinnamon anyway. Perhaps a little too much carbonation for my tastes, but the beer is easily drinkable. I liked it.