RATINGS: 765   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.14/5   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 22   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Harpoon Winter Warmer is a full-bodied rich ale that uses a touch of cinnamon and nutmeg to achieve its spirited flavor. Perfect for the holidays!
Ingredients: Water, Malted Barley, Hops, Yeast, Flavoring (cinnamon and nutmeg).

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Hopistotle420 (1178) - Amherst, Massachusetts, USA - NOV 1, 2002
Clear deep golden orange hue. CLean head dissipates first. Spicey/sweet aroma, ginberbread and and spice. Very nice, orange citrus falvors, nutmeg, cinnamon, bitter in the finish. Decent brew.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Steak (124) - New York, USA - OCT 31, 2002
This is a beer that fits the "seasonal" catergory perfectly because I don’t think I could drink it at any other time that in the winter. Beautiful pumpkin orange tint to the color of the brew. I personally didn’t mind the amount of the spices used to flavor it and give it aroma because there was so little else in the brew. I love nutmeg and cinnamon anyway. Perhaps a little too much carbonation for my tastes, but the beer is easily drinkable. I liked it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
jayme9874 (756) - Hamburg, New York, USA - OCT 29, 2002
Clear, deep copper/amber. Thin head and some lace. Pleasant nose of cinnamon, nutmeg and orange. Reminicent of pumpkin pie. Medium bodied, flavors of cola, nutmeg, some sweet orange flavors. Pretty tasty, they didnt go overkill with the spices. To me would go nice after a big meal.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Dickinsonbeer (5074) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - OCT 28, 2002
Reminds me a lot of pumpkin pie because fo the nutmeg and cinnamon spices. Very similar to post road pumpkin ale. Very nice winter seasonal.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
austinpowers (2826) - New York, New York, USA - OCT 28, 2002
A bigtime spicy beer, reminiscent of some of the pumpkin beers I’ve been tasting this time of year. The cinnamon and nutmeg really stand out and make me think I could go for a glass of eggnog right about now. A solid winter brew.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
leapinbass99 (15) - Goleta, California, USA - JUL 22, 2002
One of my favorite beers and so far my favorite spiced beers. I had it on tap for the first time years ago in Virginia. It is not yet distributed here in California so everytime I visit my in-laws in Delaware for Christmas I drive over an hour into PA to get some - it’s worth it!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
dankfor20 (193) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - JUN 18, 2002
i suppose you’d like this if yer into spicy beer but i’m not

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
kenned99 (3) - USA - APR 8, 2002 does not count
a pumpkin-like flavor makes a good first impression. the sweetness tends to get bothersome after a while.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Raytailgater (105) - Rockledge, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 19, 2002
A little on the spicy side, but not to the point of unpalatable

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
argo0 (13318) - Washington DC, USA - MAR 5, 2002
UPDATED: DEC 10, 2004 (bottled on 10/06/04) Sparkling amber body topped by a big beige head. Aroma is medium sweet, nutmeg, some allspice, light orange, earthy. Taste is medium sweet, earthy, some caramel, light cinnamon, finishing with lots of nutmeg. Light-medium body.