Brewed by Harringtons Breweries
Style: Amber Lager/Vienna
Christchurch, New Zealand

RATINGS: 3   MEAN: 1.55/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.46/5   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%
South Island Draught only available in bottle form. Is a traditional NZ type draught similar to Kiwi Draught.

lisagirl's rating

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
lisagirl (264) - Christchurch, - JUN 11, 2013
another one of harrington’s lagers, and they obviously don’t think much of it themselves. a bit more malt and hops than i’m used to in nz draughts, but that’s about it. very bland.

rabbit (1) - Christchurch, NEW ZEALAND - JUN 22, 2008 does not count
For years my father had told me to start drinking sid (or when you rotate the bottle 180 degrees, ’pis’) But I always thought that my Southern Draught was better. Woah. What a mistake I made there. South Island Draught is delicious. Perfect for a cold evening in a tree, wandering the streets with friends or taking to parties. It has a delicious yeasty odour that shows how much care Harringtons puts into their natural brewing process, the bottle is green in colour and cylindrical in shape. The beer I find, is best enjoyed straight from the bottle at only $10.95 you can’t go wrong. No wonder it’s nearly always sold out and impossible to get hold of!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Papsoe (25069) - Frederiksberg, DENMARK - FEB 7, 2008
(Bottle 33 cl) Clear, golden with a rough, off-white head that dissipates in no time. Somewhat unclean chemical aroma and some overripe fruit. Thin in body with a heavy carbonation. Not much malt to be detected but a little caramel and some overripe fruit. Almost no hops. I doubt it gets any cheaper than this. 280108