Harrisons Peach Ale

RATINGS: 7   MEAN: 2.59/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.66   SEASONAL: Special   ABV: -

edwardbass' rating

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
edwardbass (419) - Illinois, USA - MAR 2, 2013
Had this on tap at Harrisons in Orland Park. Peach is my favorite fruit, so when our server told us it was the "brewer’s special", I had to try it. Light and dry and plenty of peach in the aroma and flavor. I’m not a big fan of "fruit" beers, but I really enjoyed this one. If we’d had more time (had to get out to catch a movie), I would have seriously considered taking a growler home.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
gws57 (1274) - Saint Charles, Illinois, USA - JUN 5, 2007
Had this one on draught at the brewpub in Orland Park, Illinois. Medium yellow pour with a filmy white head, pronounced peach, apricot and strawberry nose, nice and dry and quite malty. Interesting!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
DrnkMcDermott (2748) - Downers Grove, Illinois, USA - OCT 14, 2005
Draft sampler. Well, in the pantheon of fruit beers, I don’t think I’ve ever run into peach before. I thought it might be the apricot at first, but the taste ran a bit light and thin. Clear and pale yellow in color, there is some slight hoppiness to it, and then just a light touch of peach Jell-o. Turns out to be a bit more subdued than most fruit beers, and I appreciate that.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
StewardofGondor (1934) - Washington Heights - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 26, 2005
Clear, pale yellow color with a fizzy white wrung for the head. Sweet aroma composed of pineapples, strawberries, peaches and sugar. Fizzy on the palate. Some weak lemon juice and a watered down peach Jolly Rancher. My wife liked it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
RAYBOY01 (2012) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - SEP 5, 2005
Peach ale for chrissakes! When they figure out how to make a decent pilsener or APA, THEN come back to me your wacky ideas for experimenting!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
frankenkitty (1959) - Oak Lawn, Illinois, USA - SEP 3, 2005
Not a big fan of fruit beers, but I had to try a sample. Yes... a lot of peachiness abounds. Amber/wheat colored without a head. A bit on the thin side. Try it if you must... you pretty much know what you’re gonna get.

<font size=-4>On tap at <a href=http://www.ratebeer.com/Places/ShowPlace.asp? Brewing Company, Orland Park, IL<font size=-1>

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
Cornfield (5362) - Oak Forest, Illinois, USA - OCT 26, 2004
UPDATED: JUL 5, 2005 Peaches don’t normally carry a strong flavor... except in this ale. From the aroma (peach) to the appearance (peach-skin) to the flavor (peach) to the palate (peach) to the finish (peach), it tastes, well, like a peach. I’m not sure that’s good in a beer. I was told that this was not a flavored wheat, but a flavored pale. Did have a nice off-white head, not peachy in color. Also a goodly amount of carbonation, which one normally doesn’t encounter in a peach.

<font size=-4><a href=http://www.ratebeer.com/Places/ShowPlace.asp? Brewing Company, Orland Park, IL<font size=-1>