RATINGS: 1   MEAN: 3.8/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.9/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 51   EST. CALORIES: 201   ABV: 6.7%
Brewed in collaboration with friend and home brewer Vera Deckard, Headlights IPA is brewed in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness. A percentage of every pint sold will be donated to this cause. The centerpiece to this IPA is the New Zealand Nelson Sauvin hop. The Sauvin in the name comes from the Sauvignon Blanc type flavors imparted by the hop. White wine and citrus fruitiness, a crispness and slight minerality move this IPA out of the typical hop bomb realm and into an area of universal appeal across palates.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
brewballs (215) - USA - DEC 7, 2013
I had this at the Busted Sandal Brewpub. It was a rough draft but I had heard they were in the process of fermenting it. And I heard it was based and influenced by bringing awareness to Breast Cancer, which is cool. But to my review. I noticed that it had a deep, thick head. I can detect the spices, a bit malty and ultra hoppy. It is also bitter, totally in contrast to their other beers. I like that it has more attack and bite. The wash down is frothy and you sense it when in its swallow. Its good, but Id like to see them do a barley wine or veer towards an Imperial IPA. Its like they take the rulebook and throw it out the window. I give it 3 and a half stars!