overall

RATINGS: 234   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.01   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Deep gold in color with floral and spicy hop aromas. Brewed with pale, carmel, and Munich malts balanced with Cascade, Centennial and Hersbrucker hops. Well rounded, fruity and complex. Pairs well with salads, mild cheeses and pulled pork BBQ.

crockettma (2) - Maryland, USA - APR 20, 2007 does not count
After trying over 300 different beers, this is by far my favorite to drink as a day to day beer. The hint of apple at the end definately gives this slightly hoppy beer some character.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
jde123 (764) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - MAR 3, 2005
UPDATED: DEC 24, 2007 I like it, it tasted goodd. I need more. ALthough it could be because my girlfriend is eating York peppermint pattis right nxt to me. Tastes and smells like mint. Peppermint to be exact. It requires further study. Stay tuned for further updates. Actually, this beer is great, quite differnt from other golden ales I have tried that just taste like boiled corn. This has subtle nuances and wonderful aromas, sweet yet mild. Very nice. My favorite beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
drpimento (2236) - La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 26, 2005
Poured with a nice foamy off-white head medium density. That quickly subsided and leaves some nice lace on the insides of the glass. The aroma was minimal at first. I thought it would be a totally different beer than what it ended up being as I smelled it with the full head. After that went down, I picked up some american hop aroma; not a lot, but distinct. Then I tasted it, and oh! I liked it!! Very drinkable. The balance between malt and hop is very good. The hop flavor is fresh and bright. Not complex. Nice carbonation. Some swallows I think watery and others good mouth feel.Very clear beer. Medium gold color. Clean finish. I would like to try this on draft. Got it in a beer of the month club. Wish we could get it here in Wisconsin at a pub.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
spicedad2 (78) - Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 16, 2003
An excellent lighter ale, which I actually didn't identify as ale. It isn't overly hoppy at all. It has a full body and a fresh flavor.

wiseman (6) - Washington DC, USA - JUL 5, 2005 does not count
Very good pale-ish ale, great aroma, great lingering flavor. Somewhat hoppy but kind of sweet. I get it whenever I see it, which is not often.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
bshep (114) - - JUN 28, 2012
Light beer. Smooth taste, easily drinkable. Definitely an "every day" kind of drink.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
BigSkyman007 (202) - USA - JUL 16, 2002
A buddy of mine brought this up one weekend from Baltimore, and I was pleasantly surprised. Nice hoppiness, good blond color, went down quite smoothly...a winner

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
igneous1 (1498) - Davenport, Iowa, USA - DEC 30, 2003
color is clear medium golden with a frothy but small white head. aroma is very citrusy (grapefruit), and spritzy-like (to use someone else's word), also a fairly subtle piney quality. flavor is very grapefruity in the finish, and also with some pine...this is like the perfect xmas beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
garrison (775) - Cin. city, Ohio, USA - AUG 14, 2013
Purchased from Glenway Crossing Remke/Biggs - This a fine, rich golden hued brew with a tall white head of foam and a spicey aroma. Tastewise, it’s sharp and complex, with that hoppy bitterness that I think those pre-prohibition brews might’ve tasted like. This is a fine beer!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
HumuloneRed (751) - Portland, Oregon, USA - MAR 16, 2007
From the beer of the month club. 12 oz. Bottle. Pours a clear golden color with a thin white head and thick soapy lacing. Nice grain and grass nose. The flavor has a sweet grain profile balanced by a smooth hop bitterness. Well made beer, but nothing sticks out about it either.