Heavy Seas Little DIPA

RATINGS: 3   MEAN: 3.1/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.86   ABV: -
Second runnings of Big DIPA

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
pintocb (645) - Darsville, Georgia, USA - JUL 15, 2010
I think I had this beer. I was at The Distillery in Savannah, Ga and it was on the menu. Not many ratings, but I’ll rate based on what I had. The color of honey, smells like a pine forest. Oily and slick, full bodied and very drinkable. I can taste a little too much alcohol, and I prefer a more citrusy hop profile.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Dogbrick (7959) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - APR 21, 2010
Cask version at Winking Lizard’s 2nd Annual Real Ale Fest (03/27/10): Kind of hard to know how to characterize this beer since I am not too familiar with the concept. Clear copper-orange color with a minimal off-white head that diminishes quickly. Spotty lacing on the glass. The aroma is floral and grassy with some malt undertones. Light, smooth body with subtle grain, malt and hops flavors. The finish is soft and hoppy with some fruity notes. Pretty bland overall.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
JaBier (4854) - Capital City, Ohio, USA - APR 11, 2010
Cask at the 2nd Annual Winking Lizard Real Ale Fest on 3/27/10. Pours clear orange with a medium off-white head. Grainy malt nose with some earthy hops. Grassy hop flavor with grainy malt. Very weak, which I guess you could expect from a second running, but I was hoping the second runnings of a huge beer would yield a bit more in the flavor department.