overall

RATINGS: 533   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.48   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%
Our "winter warmer" ale, brewed with copious helpings of English malts and US and English hops, a ruddy hued "Imperial ESB" in style. Full malty flavors dancing with powerful hop aromas and a lingering, firm hop bitterness. Seasonally available from mid October to February.

hershiser2 (1228) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - NOV 2, 2005
UPDATED: JUN 12, 2009 Bottle. I prefer the old version... the double IPA. Pours brown with a small head. Malt and hops in the aroma... flavor is the same with some licorice and roastiness involved.

Probiere (992) - Iowa, USA - JAN 31, 2006
Interesting, but ultimately more of a showcase for pniey hoppiness than an ESB. Donít get me wrong--I can stomach piney hoppiness, but this beerís piney hoppiness clashed with the distinctively mellow ESB malt profile. Something about mild apple and toffee isnít working with the hops here, and despite the fresh hoppy aroma and pretty golden-orange color, I canít say I enjoyed this.

Thaichile (599) - 10aFly, New Jersey, USA - FEB 4, 2006
Bottle. Pours a deep red color. Scents of fruit. Iím not sure if I liked this one, but Iím not sure that I didnít either. The initial flavors of hops and malt stayed evenly throughout the taste with no discernable beginning or finish. Tasted sweet but something was missing. I would have it again though. Thanks goldtwins for the bottle.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
weepingsuds (222) - Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA - FEB 21, 2006
Decent. Nice copper hue, with a deep presence in the mug that says drink me. There is a nice sweet malt flavor that overlays a slightly arousing mix of flavors, but nothing I can really stamp my finger on. Decent is all

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
MadIndian (2410) - Levittown, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 21, 2006
Sampled with Stegosaurus and beerded_one at Newtown brewfest. Poured a copper color with serious hop aroma. Too bitter for my taste and I really did not like it or much from this brewery at the fest.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Derek881 (1009) - St. Petersburg, Florida, USA - MAR 27, 2007
Perhaps I had this beer too late in the season, but I was not too impressed. The aroma was mostly hops, with grainy, earthy notes, some wheat, and maybe some pine. There was some caramel malt too. It poured a full amber color, with a small creamy white head; the beer was mostly cloudy. Its taste was very bitter, and somewhat sour, and the presence of alcohol was detectable. It had a thin, oily mouthfeel, with light carbonation, and after a wet start, it finished dry. The beer was pretty good, just not as good as I had expected.

thegreenrooster (3241) - St.louis, Missouri, USA - APR 22, 2007
Pour is a re-brown with a huge white head. Aroma is mostly oily hops with some dark malts in there. Flavor is caramel and dark chocolate with some tart berryness. Pretty decent but a little thick and the alcohol does make an appearance.

jonwayne4883 (401) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - MAY 5, 2007
2006 bottle. nothing too bad going on here, theres a medium darkness to the body, lots of hops in the flavor and a warm finish. great winter brew!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
MaliMisho (215) - East Meadow, New York, USA - JUL 29, 2007
This beer had a very strong aroma, and a lot of flavor, it had a beautiful brown color.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
screigh (462) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - DEC 30, 2007
Pours a nice clear dark copper color. This off white head that went away pretty quick. Aroma is sweet and matly and smells like an English ale. Mostly sweet malty flavor. Just the correct amount of bitteness to finish it off. I rather like it.