RATINGS: 1146   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.72/5   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
Commemorating the 40th Anniversary of the death of Lenny Bruce: A Rye based double IPA. Brewed with an obscene amount of malts and hops. Shocking flavors - Far beyond contemporary community standards. The Most Radical Jewish Tribute Beer ever created. 10% alc. -- Malts: 2-row, Rye Ale Malt, Torrified Rye, Crystal Rye 75, Crystal Malt 65, Wheat, Kiln Amber, Caramel 70 -- Hops: Warrior, Cascade, Simcoe, Crystal, Chinook, Amarillo, Centennial. Dry Hopped with Amarillo and Crystal

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Saarlander (1686) - Saarlouis, GERMANY - JAN 15, 2007
Dark pour, with a huge head, lots of lacing. Lots of sweet flavor to start, sticky, caramel, malt. Lots of hops as well, piney, long aftertaste, pretty nice flavor, abit mixed up, but good. Alcohol is well hidden. solid brew!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
RedHaze (371) - Where the hell am I?, Nebraska, USA - JAN 14, 2007
Picked this up while in Spokane, WA. Pours a dark amber with a quarter inch off-white head, that fades slowly to a nice cap considering the head wasn’t that large. The lacing was very thick, completely covering the interior of m glass. Smell; very nice hoppy aroma, with citrus and a hint of pine. The rye lends a nice spiciness to the aroma, and there’s some sweet malts present as well. I’m really digging the aroma of this beer. Taste; the hops are definitely present with citrus and the hints of pine tree, but the rye really stands out to me. I’m glad to, because that’s the main reason that I purchased the bottle. I’ve become a big fan of rye beers, and wish other breweries would give rye a chance. There’s a very good mildly sweet presence that just seems to accentuate the rye flavors in this beer. Mouthfeel/Drinkability; the mouthfeel is full bodied and very smooth, and despite the bitterness, this beer is disappearing rapidly. I had never heard of this beer when I purchased it, so I only bought the one bottle. Now I wish I could go back just to buy a case of it. One of the better beers that I’ve had recently.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
WISEGUY572 (1377) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 14, 2007
I’m usually a big fan of He’Brew’s beers. This one seemed to lack focus ... maybe too many kinds of hops, maybe too many kinds of malt and of rye. Great bitterness, if confuinsing hops. Surprisingly apparent alcohol bite. Good looking beer, full mouthfeel, but just not a favorite.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
brentfeesh (1208) - Mansfield, Ohio, USA - JAN 10, 2007
22 oz bottle. I never should have opened this. I was too full and I did not fully enjoy or finish it. Too bad my friend Scott missed it, he would have liked it. Pours caramel-amber color in my plastic hotel water glass. Nice carbonation and a decent head. The aroma has big sticky malt that you can smell from across the room. Floral hoppy hints as well. The flavor is nicely sweet with malts and caramel all the way through. Well balanced, if not a bit light, hops that are fruity (orange) and spicy. Bitter spicy finish with hints of pine wood. The body is heavy, creamy with a dry (the rye?) finish. A good brew with only notes of the Rye cleanness I usually get.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
HopDevil1979 (117) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - JAN 6, 2007
A beer to write home about!! Very hoppy, but dosen’t dry you out. One can taste booze in this beer despite the attempted malt cover-up. I’d drink again and again!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
tyler_mn (1475) - SLP, Minnesota, USA - JAN 5, 2007
Pours a beautiful cherrywood/mahogany color. Reminds me of Talisker 10yr scotch. I couldnt discern much on the nose. Slightly floral but overshadowed by the hops. Not too heavy of a body which surprised me due to the high alcohol content. Starts hoppy with some nutty notes in the middle and then finishes hoppy. Not too complex... jsut a lot of hops. Extra points though for the use of the rye.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
ElBorracho (472) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JAN 4, 2007
22 oz bomber. Bittersweet is a good way of describing this brew. Starts with bitter hop profile that is a bit astringent and is rounded out by a caramel malt sweetness. I give it a plus for having an interesting spicy note to it and a minus for to much malt sweetness.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
kreepindeth (404) - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA - DEC 28, 2006
Aroma is obviously hoppy. Taste is bittersweet, dry, piney and has a pleasant bite. Very enjoyable brew. Alcohol is present in the finish but is not overpowering.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
greenhorn1 (850) - Mission Viejo, California, USA - DEC 27, 2006
22 oz bottle. Pours an interesting dark amber with a subtle red hue. Nice bold frothy head with huge slow moving bubbles that turns into medium carbonation. Frankly, I was expecting a bigger hop aroma since it was dry hopped, but the malt and rye overpower any hop nose. The taste is wonderfully complex, citrus notes, pine, malt, and of course you can pick out the rye flavor. I like the addition of rye malt, worked out well. Nice smooth bitterness at the end. If I was to say one negative thing about this beer, it would have to be that the hop bitterness was not the focus, which is what I expect for an DIPA, other than that, great brew.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
11026 (1772) - Alabama, USA - DEC 26, 2006
Bottle. Deep garnet colored beer, clear. Nice light beige colored head with great lacing. Aroma is mainly sweetish and malty, if the hops are there they are lost. Medium to full bodied, nice carbonation. Sweetness up front, plenty of IBU’s to balance. Towards the finish a dry peppery tone. A touch sharp with the hop flavor in the finish. Really a pretty decent beer, nice concept with the rye, fairly executed.