overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 194   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.74   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 450   ABV: 15%
In Jewish tradition, 15 marks major commemorations: Passover (the Exodus), Sukkot (40 years of wandering), and Tu Bishvat (the New Year for Mother Nature) all start on the 15th day of the Hebrew month. 15 suggests a certain wisdom from experience: “Old is always 15 years from now.” – Bill Cosby. “We are always more anxious to be distinguished for one talent we do not possess than 15 we do.” – Mark Twain. After Andy Warhol, does 15 forever sound profound or frivolous? “In the future, everyone will be world famous for 15 minutes.” “Fame is the thirst of youth.” – Lord Byron. “The fact that my 15 minutes of fame has been extended is somewhat surprising to me and completely baffling to my wife.” – Barack Obama. For Matt EP: Hall of Famer Bart Starr rocked #15 as MVP in the Packers’ first two Super Bowl victories. “South Park” evolved from “Jesus vs. Santa” and is now entering its 15th season. “We’re rehabbed and ready for our 15 minutes of shame.” – Marilyn Manson. Lyrics from Barry Manilow’s 2011 album, 15 Minutes, released on QVC Network: “Make me a deal, I’ll sell my guts for glory.” “Fame and power are the objects of all men. Even their partial fruition is gained by very few, and that at the expense of social pleasure, health, conscience, life.” – Benjamin Disraeli. After 1,972,350 sets of 15 minutes of Shmaltz Brewing, I’ll hoist my Jewbelation Quinceañera and sing 15 rounds of ¡Viva la Evolución de He’brew! L’Chaim! Jeremy Cowan, proprietor

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
daknole (8950) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - DEC 16, 2012
Deep brown pour, dark tan head. Tons of sweet fruit and malts in this one(again)...lots of boozy flavors, dark fruit, molasses, honey, syrupy. Too much going on.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Ernesto987 (3611) - Connecticut, USA - DEC 14, 2012
Boozy and sweet, malty and cloying, too much to split three ways. Stale and boozy. Pass

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
beerbastard (675) - Mesa, Arizona, USA - DEC 7, 2012
This is a one year old bottle, that pours a dark reddish brown with a short lived head and has legs. Deep dark dates and rasin fruits moving into a malt brandy nose. Malty sticky sweet flavors, somewhat balanced by a background of hops and alcohol. Blackberry brandy flavors. Finishes clean, dry and sweet.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
BeerandBlues2 (9471) - Hanover, Maryland, USA - DEC 1, 2012
Bottle shared by sonnycheeba. Pours opaque black with a medium, frothy tan head, short retention with light lacing. Aroma is dark fruity esters, cookie and caramel malt, spicy and earthy hops. Flavor is malt dominant , heavy dark fruity esters, light hops and bitterness, alcohol notes and a sweet finish. Full body and medium carbonation.

sonnycheeba (3393) - Federal Hill, Baltimore, Maryland, USA - DEC 1, 2012
Bottle. Pours deep, dark brown with average, frothy beige head; short retention and spare lacing. Aroma is roast malt, raisins, plums, chocolate, earthy hops, espresso, and woody notes. Flavor is sweet, dark malts forward with good dark fruit esters, woody notes, light earthy hops, and mixed nuts; sweet finish with a hint of booze. Medium body and low carbonation.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Thingus (29) - Missouri, USA - NOV 21, 2012
Taken from ma BA account, reviewed on 2/20/12 Live tasting, 12 oz bottle until Delirium tulip... Appearance; pours a cola brown, appears black in the glass with cola edges when held to light... Absolutely minimal tan colored head, retention is terrible and that is to be expected given the alcohol content in this monster. Minimal lacing appearing in goofy blotches on my glass... Smell; this smells really complex, raisins, dates, prunes, chocolate, brown sugar, molasses, caramel... Taste; the first thing that I noticed in this beer is that it is SWEET! Holy cavities batman!! And that’s coming from someone who greatly enjoyed Choklat... As the beer warms and my taste buds become accustomed to the sweetness the flavors really start to shine... Caramel, brown sugar, sweet dark fruits, molasses and hints of coffee and chocolate. Mouthfeel; sticky and thick, this is certainly a full bodied stout... I can feel it sticking to my tongue and teeth and hanging around my mouth... Overall; I wasn’t prepared for a beer like this... I love Mephistopheles but that seems like a one trick pony compared to Jewbelation... While I have no problem with the alcohol content in either, I feel like Mephistopheles really shines fresh and becomes muted and dull with age, I am certain Jewbelation would calm down and smooth out with time, that the incredible sweetness would become subdued and really propel this beer from good into the world class range.. I’ll have to pick up another to put away and age... Good beer, but damn is it sweet...

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
TheHOFF43 (1734) - Robbinsdale, Minnesota, USA - NOV 10, 2012
Bottle. Poured almost coffee black with barely any head. Aroma is sweet malts. Flavor is incredibly sweet with lots of sugar, toffee and brown sugar flavors.

madmitch76 (14513) - , Essex, ENGLAND - OCT 28, 2012
25th September 2012
The ChrisO small midweek tasting. Thanks to Colin for bringing one of my wants along to the tasting. Clear dark red - amber beer. Small pale tan head. A smooth viscous palate that is none the less quite light. Smooth BA malts, vanilla, toasted coconut, sweet dark malts. Coffee and smooth bourbon. Really well joined up and sumptuous treat amongst all the vinegar beers. Bit squiffy when I had this - must try again, but I really enjoyed this one.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Scopey (6326) - Croydon, Greater London, ENGLAND - SEP 30, 2012
Bottle, many thanks to Theydon_Bois at ChrisO. It pours very, very dark brown, with a thin beige head. The nose is caramel, sweet coffee, over-ripe blueberry, blackberry and dark fruit. The taste is sugary latte, roasted malt, coffee, some underlyign alcohol warmth, caramel, molasses and chocolate, with a sweet finish. Medium-full body and fine-moderate carbonation and slightly sticky mouth-feel. Not really my sort of thing....too sweet.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
pineypower (2492) - Pine Barrens, New Jersey, USA - SEP 22, 2012
Growler shared at Dmac,s thanks to Scott. Pours out a syrupy dark brown color with a small tan head. Aroma is of sweet caramel malts, roast, alcohol, cocoa, light bitterness. Taste is of syrupy caramel malts, mild earthy notes, toffee, alcohol and light hops with a lingering sweetness.