overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 195   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.74   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 450   ABV: 15%
In Jewish tradition, 15 marks major commemorations: Passover (the Exodus), Sukkot (40 years of wandering), and Tu Bishvat (the New Year for Mother Nature) all start on the 15th day of the Hebrew month. 15 suggests a certain wisdom from experience: “Old is always 15 years from now.” – Bill Cosby. “We are always more anxious to be distinguished for one talent we do not possess than 15 we do.” – Mark Twain. After Andy Warhol, does 15 forever sound profound or frivolous? “In the future, everyone will be world famous for 15 minutes.” “Fame is the thirst of youth.” – Lord Byron. “The fact that my 15 minutes of fame has been extended is somewhat surprising to me and completely baffling to my wife.” – Barack Obama. For Matt EP: Hall of Famer Bart Starr rocked #15 as MVP in the Packers’ first two Super Bowl victories. “South Park” evolved from “Jesus vs. Santa” and is now entering its 15th season. “We’re rehabbed and ready for our 15 minutes of shame.” – Marilyn Manson. Lyrics from Barry Manilow’s 2011 album, 15 Minutes, released on QVC Network: “Make me a deal, I’ll sell my guts for glory.” “Fame and power are the objects of all men. Even their partial fruition is gained by very few, and that at the expense of social pleasure, health, conscience, life.” – Benjamin Disraeli. After 1,972,350 sets of 15 minutes of Shmaltz Brewing, I’ll hoist my Jewbelation Quinceañera and sing 15 rounds of ¡Viva la Evolución de He’brew! L’Chaim! Jeremy Cowan, proprietor

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Bricks (594) - Delaware, USA - DEC 31, 2011
Pours as dark as night with a decent slight caramel colored head. Smells like a stout, malts, chocolate. Mouthfeel is super smooth with no hint of alcohol. Tastes of malt, vanilla, some fruityness. Outstanding.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
crosamich (431) - Twin Falls, Idaho, USA - FEB 5, 2012
This is a phenomenal beer, 15% abv? You would never know it. Very smooth, extremely drinkable brew. Pours dark with almost no head. I picked up just a single bottle of this and I will have to go back and gt some more of this beauty. Plus, they were discounted as a seasonal =bonus.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
neckbracesub (31) - Anderson, Indiana, USA - FEB 19, 2012
This is an outstanding barleywine strong ale. One of the darkest colored of its kind and certainly one of the best tasting/after-taste. I experienced it on tap at the superior Heorot Pub in Muncie, Indiana, and out of the 4 beers I had in the two hours spent there, this was the best. The aroma has equal amounts of caramel and fruitiness, the head is more apparent than any barleywine I have tried in the past, and there is the least amount of bitterness in the after-taste of this strong ale. Bravo!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
REDBOSOX (80) - Vineyard Haven, Massachusetts, USA - DEC 20, 2011
I was SHOCKED at how smooth this beer was, considering it’s 15% ABV. I bought it for a mere $5.99 in Bev Mo at Fresno, CA. This stuff is absolutely fantastic! It’s nice and dark and full of flavor. The alcohol doesn’t interfere with the taste of the beer. I thought for sure it would. VERY impressed with this amazing beer! Poured it just in time to celebrate Hanukkah for all of my Jewish friends.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
RSRIZZO (1853) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - FEB 3, 2012
22oz bottle poured into a Snifter at 46°. Color is a deep near black brown with good carbonation and a small brown head. Aroma is big and rich with dried fruit and hints of coffee. It has a full body with a rich mouth feel. Flavor is huge, with molasses, dark fruits, mild coffee and roasted almonds, then the hops drift in with a faint citrus. As the after taste rolls in a very light bitterness shows with the flavors lingering and a nice vanilla showing. On the very end you get just a senses of the alcohol, but for being 15% this is nothing. Wow, this is a great brew. I can not believe how well done this is, its amazing that it has this high of an ABV and yet the flavor can cover it in such a nicely complex way.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
ajax25g (61) - Washington DC, Washington, USA - APR 15, 2012
22oz bottle big thanks to sebletitje! Pours very dark and syrupy (almost like Pedro Ximenez) with a small beige head. Big aroma of booze, figs, maple syrup, and dark fruits. Very unctuous in the mouth with soft carbonation. Tastes of port, figs, booze, tobacco, and bit o’ chocolate. Didn’t really pick up on the 15 kinds of hops used, but that’s okay. Love this stuff!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
hayduke (3375) - Eureka, California, USA - JUN 6, 2012
I got this 22 oz bomber from Total Wine and More in Sacramento, CA. It pours dark brown (almost black) color with a large creamy tan head and glue like lacing rings. The nose is raisins, dates, figs, ripe prunes. molasses, and a touch of alcohol. Full bodied. Very creamy in mouthfeel. The flavor shows a touch of alcohol but generally is well hidden for 15%. Everything that was in the aroma is in the taste, with the addition of vanilla. Sweet finish with some figs showing up. This beer probably has more things going on than any beer I can remember but wit 15 malts and 15 hops that is no surprise. What is nice, is how well it all hangs together. This beer is not only big, but tasty. But you need to sip it which I did. But that was fine as I did not really want it to end. The joy is I have a second bottle to age and may try that when Jewbelation Sixteen comes out next year

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
jesperhammer (2897) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - MAR 29, 2013
25-MAR-2013, bottle @Papsø tasting. Dark, dark, dark, brown with red hue. Sweet chocolate aroma, with a little alcohol, and some nutty malts. Taste is very sweet and malty. Very thick body. Slick. Very low carbonation. Lovely beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
trevor211 (1305) - Seattle, Washington, USA - DEC 16, 2011
Pours glossy pitch black, with a smallish tan head. Coffee-dusted roasted fruits on the nose. Blackstrap molasses, brown sugar, and a bit of booze. I don’t know how they did it, but they covered the ABV. No burn. So much depth in here I’m not sure where to begin. Singed caramel, fresh coffee, dates, mild chilies, rye, oak, and chocolate. Flavor starts roasty, and gets a bit sweeter as it goes on, never once making you think it’d be 15%. Velvety smooth, and the flavor lingers forever. This is delicious.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
jstraw (1922) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - DEC 23, 2011
Black with big, foamy, brown head / Sweet nose of figs, molasses, and coffee / Very full body, sweet, malty, and sticky, with some balance and long, bitter, finish. Alcohol well masked / Flavors of figs, dates, molasses, dark roast coffee, and grass / A style of beer that I would not choose to drink often, but very well done.