overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 150   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.29   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%
I love when you open a door or turn a corner and realize there is an entire world that you’d never imagined existed, that’s in fact overflowing with people, schemes, and action. 2010 Sacred Species #3 seemed so obvious-Grapes. Noah’s first vineyard debacle (Genesis 9:20) to Dionysus, mythical Bacchus to Bar Mitzvah bad boys, Mogen David and Manischewitz. Appropriately Epic shtick. How many cups of Concord in childhood and many times have I heard: "But Jews don’t drink beer!" This year we came across the raging debates, alternative science, internet controversy and tribal rivalry of World Records relating to Š Grapes. Speed catching (67 in one minute, 1189 in 30 minutes!); Solo throw, run, catch (40 ft!!); Longest distance (354’4", shot from a water balloon launcher!!!); Greatest Height record (788 ft skyscraper!!!!) For this third incarnation of Rejewvenator I’m simply letting the mythological and pop cultural shtick rest and slurping together with all of you in a toast to this bizarre and delicious freakshow that we call Life... L’Chaim!

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Ernesto987 (3686) - Connecticut, USA - DEC 14, 2012
Very malty and cloying sweet and very grapey grape drank, sucks bad.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
DrnkMcDermott (2792) - Downers Grove, Illinois, USA - DEC 13, 2012
$5 bomber at Binny’s from Dec. 2010. So I finally dredge this out dyrubg this year’s Hanukkah. Why not? I’m allowed. Nice brownish, slightly dense pour under a fizzy light tan head. Bright smell, malty with more of a raisin than grape note. Taste is pretty unique; a little musty, like raisins or a bit of prune. Sweet sherry overtones make up for a slight bit of oxidation by my once again letting this stay in my cellar too long.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
alexsdad06 (5362) - Ohio, USA - NOV 24, 2012
22 oz. bottle shared by shigadeyo (late July 2011). Pours a slightly hazy amber color with a small off white head. The aroma has concord grape juice, caramel, toasted bread and a splash of spices. The flavor has much of the same; concord grape, caramel, toasted bread and a hint of spice. This one came off a bit too gimmicky for me.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
thepeter (278) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - JUL 25, 2012
I thought this beer was just as advertised, and I liked it! Pours a dark amber brown with a medium head that lasted a while before turning to foam. Smelled of sweet bread, and concentrated grape juice, this I liked. Maybe some spice adn brown sugar as well. Taste began like a dubbel with bready sweetness and finished like the doppelbock with a bit of a sharp boozey end to it. All throughout the drink you could taste the grape though and that made it an interesting and Unique beer. The palate was so soft, smooth and enjoyable a wonderful feel to it. Overall this was a great drinking experience. I may get it again, I may not but I will always remember it!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
cbfobes (2288) - Quad Cities, Iowa, USA - JUL 9, 2012
On tap at Dexters, pours a dark brown kind of purple with a decent off white head, the aroma has a good amount of grape soda and some caramel, the flavor has a touch of sweetness with the caramel and a finish of grape, kind of thin and all over the place. For sure a strange brew, can’t say I would try to track this one down anytime soon again.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Dixonian (1561) - Plano, Texas, USA - MAY 24, 2012
On tap @ TCT. Deep amber pour with a decent head. Never had this fresh but it seems to have aged nicely - nose of grape juice and caramel. Flavors of dark fruit, more grape, and lots of malt.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
dwyerpg (4528) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - MAY 8, 2012
Has that sweet distinctive dubbel aroma with raisins and I suppose grapes. Nice cloudy brown appearance. Beer is fruity right away but then smooths out and gets some Belgian spice to it and some smoothness as well. My wife finds it too fruity! But I think it’s decent.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
swigswthwolves (74) - Michigan City, Indiana, USA - MAR 30, 2012
I like this beer I really do but it has a strange flavor. The aroma is that of grapes with a nutty background. Grapes and nuts...hmmm. Upon tasting, nuts are easily detected with a slight grape profile. Very interesting brew indeed. The color is an excellent deep brown hue that lets others know that you are someone who knows what they like in their glass. Definitely worth giving a shot and why not try the others if you come upon them.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Theis (13359) - Frederiksberg, DENMARK - MAR 27, 2012
Draught at Rattle N Hum. Murkey red/brown - white edges. Sweetness. Red berries. Nutty. Grapes. Red grapes. Fruity. Light yeasty. Light flowery. Roasted. Bread notes. High malty. Wierd.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
jmagnus87 (2427) - Rockford, Illinois, USA - MAR 12, 2012
22oz bomber poured into a shaker. Pours a lightly cloudy brownish purple with minimal off-white head. Aroma of figs and dark fermented fruits with a good dose of concord wine. Taste is medium bitter. Caramel, some pine and some roasty nuts. Medium bodied with a thin texture. Soft carbonation and a long finish. Overall, not bad. Not really what I was expecting but still ok. I wish I would have got this fresh because I’m sure it would be a lot better. But, since I got it for $3 on the discount rack, I’ll gladly finish the bottle.