overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 150   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.29   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%
I love when you open a door or turn a corner and realize there is an entire world that you’d never imagined existed, that’s in fact overflowing with people, schemes, and action. 2010 Sacred Species #3 seemed so obvious-Grapes. Noah’s first vineyard debacle (Genesis 9:20) to Dionysus, mythical Bacchus to Bar Mitzvah bad boys, Mogen David and Manischewitz. Appropriately Epic shtick. How many cups of Concord in childhood and many times have I heard: "But Jews don’t drink beer!" This year we came across the raging debates, alternative science, internet controversy and tribal rivalry of World Records relating to Š Grapes. Speed catching (67 in one minute, 1189 in 30 minutes!); Solo throw, run, catch (40 ft!!); Longest distance (354’4", shot from a water balloon launcher!!!); Greatest Height record (788 ft skyscraper!!!!) For this third incarnation of Rejewvenator I’m simply letting the mythological and pop cultural shtick rest and slurping together with all of you in a toast to this bizarre and delicious freakshow that we call Life... L’Chaim!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
JoeMcPhee (8466) - Toronto, ON, Ontario, CANADA - FEB 6, 2011
Deep amber pour. The aroma is very sweet and malty. Quite plummy and sweet with a lot of pale malt flavour. It actually doesn’t come across grapey or anything like that. A little peppery booziness across the back of the palate, but it’s still pretty drinkable. Soft palate with a light caramelly sweetness. A little bit of chewiness. The light Belgian yeast spiciness gives a kiss of slightly spiciness as well. All in all, a pretty tasty brew.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
dwyerpg (4579) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - MAY 8, 2012
Has that sweet distinctive dubbel aroma with raisins and I suppose grapes. Nice cloudy brown appearance. Beer is fruity right away but then smooths out and gets some Belgian spice to it and some smoothness as well. My wife finds it too fruity! But I think it’s decent.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
scrizzz (2223) - Bothell, Washington, USA - JUL 1, 2010
Great juicy concord grape aroma, full and juicy, tannic. Dense figgy body, juicy grape on the top, two sides, works nicely. Simple, not complex, though very tasty and approachable

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
sarahmarie (265) - Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 1, 2011
Pours a purplish mahogany color with a big creamy off white head that does not care to stick around very long. The aroma produces a lot of fruity notes (grapes and cherry), with a pleasant sweetness. This bottle caught my attention due to its claim of being “half Dopplebock half Belgian Dubbel”. I have never heard of such a combination so I am intrigued. Upfront there is a slick caramel toffee sweetness from the malt. I also get notes of figs and prunes. Did I mention that this ale is brewed with All Natural Concord Grape Juice? The grapes steal the show from here, with a flavor reminding me of Juicy Juice. Red grapes provide a very wine like complexity. The finish is really what distinguishes this beer. It is very dry and leaves the taste of grapes lingering around just like any wine would. At moments I forgot I am even drinking a beer. It has a medium body with mellow carbonation, that goes down easily. 8.2% ABV is well disguised.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
DuffMan (6802) - the land of bitumen, beef & beer, Alberta, CANADA - MAR 28, 2011
Bomber, shared with jeff. Medium amber, slightly hazy, robust rocky off white head. Aroma is toasty malt and Welch’s grape jelly. Very interesting aroma. I’m not sure if it is the power of suggestion, but the grape aroma was undeniable for me. On the palate, the grapejuice element is more subdued, lending a fruity sweetness to the dominant toasty toffee malt. Hints of cocoa, piecrust, and tea. Very interesting brew. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and found it very interesting (and dangerously easy) to drink.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
thepeter (278) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - JUL 25, 2012
I thought this beer was just as advertised, and I liked it! Pours a dark amber brown with a medium head that lasted a while before turning to foam. Smelled of sweet bread, and concentrated grape juice, this I liked. Maybe some spice adn brown sugar as well. Taste began like a dubbel with bready sweetness and finished like the doppelbock with a bit of a sharp boozey end to it. All throughout the drink you could taste the grape though and that made it an interesting and Unique beer. The palate was so soft, smooth and enjoyable a wonderful feel to it. Overall this was a great drinking experience. I may get it again, I may not but I will always remember it!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
DrnkMcDermott (2803) - Downers Grove, Illinois, USA - DEC 13, 2012
$5 bomber at Binny’s from Dec. 2010. So I finally dredge this out dyrubg this year’s Hanukkah. Why not? I’m allowed. Nice brownish, slightly dense pour under a fizzy light tan head. Bright smell, malty with more of a raisin than grape note. Taste is pretty unique; a little musty, like raisins or a bit of prune. Sweet sherry overtones make up for a slight bit of oxidation by my once again letting this stay in my cellar too long.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
blipp (6125) - Newark, New Jersey, USA - DEC 28, 2010
Bottle. Pours reddish brown with a beige head. The aroma has dark malty notes, fruity grapes, and light earthy notes. The flavor has some molasses like sweetness, grape juice, some lightly roasted malts, and a bit of bitterness in the finish. Solid.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
zach8270 (3489) - Henrietta, New York, USA - JUN 24, 2011
(bottle - 22 oz) Dark copper pour with a very thin white head. Sweet and fruity aroma with lots of grape and malt hints. Fruity flavor at the start with tons of grape and malt flavors. Dry and malty middle that leads to a slightly bitter and lingering fruit aftertaste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
nuplastikk (4439) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - JUL 21, 2011
5ooml bottle split with Ann. I’m pretty sure I had this on tap and rated it as well..Deep, glowing amber-brown color. Thin, frothy beige head. Has really mellowed out in the 8 months of closet life. The juice stands firmly, with some creamy, sugary dark brown chocolate notes. An odd creature certainly, but not so awkward in it’s mix...the flavors do sort of complement each other. A little light in body, somewhat fluffy and watery. Could have used some more rich Dubbel or Doppelbock tones..maybe the grape juice covers them up. Some pleasant dark fruit tones I suppose. OK.