Heidelberg
     click to upload
overall

RATINGS: 11   MEAN: 2.17/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.27   ABV: -
Slow brewed for a crisp full flavor. Made naturally from pure Northwest waters, choice hops, yeast and grains.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
spikester (603) - Salem, Oregon, USA - FEB 23, 2008
Back in the day...when this stuff was brewed in the state of Washington it was one of the hoppier beers we could get. It also had the distinction of being sold in "keg" shaped bottles which were cool.

1.4
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 4/20
badfinger (55) - Washington, USA - DEC 12, 2007
This came in cool bottles, but it was mostly good for cheap drinking at parties

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
wshores (58) - Saltillo, Texas, USA - SEP 11, 2007
This was another of the cheap beer I used to steal from daddys stash. He drank whatever was the cheapest that day. I remember this to be one of the better ones

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Porthole (3) - Wills Point, Texas, USA - FEB 27, 2006 does not count
Lots of great memories from this lager. 3 cases for ten dolars. The taste was a little watery but it looked and tasted like beer. Pretty good for a cheap beer. Good value.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
knickspree (1) - USA - SEP 14, 2005 does not count
Heidelberg, the cheap beer that never stops giving. Unfortunately, I live in Montana where Heidelberg is not sold, so I donít have the luxury of drinking this beer on a consistent basis. However, when I do go to Idaho (where this beer is available) this is pretty much all I drink, everyday. This beer is especially good in hot weather in the middle of the summer. My brother, father, and I spent 2 1/2 days at a lake spot in Idaho this summer and went through six 12 packs (12 packs of cans are all they come in these days) of this excellent cheap beer, never coming close to dehydration in 100 degree weather (However I wouldnít recommend going 2 1/2 days drinking nothing but beer). Throughout those 2 1/2 days I experienced a sweet taste that wasnít too filling. This is a very drinkable beer that doesnít have a bizarre numbing after taste to it. I could drink this beer every weekend of the year. However that wonít be the case because you cannot purchase it in Montana. All in all, I stand firmly in saying that this is one of the best cheap beers you will ever taste.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
pivoleczak (2) - Salem, Oregon, USA - APR 27, 2005 does not count
Whew, havenít voluntarily drunk a beer this bad since my wasted youth when this sort of stuff was known as "Lawn mowing" beer & Coors (if you could find it) passed as a microbrew. Still, for the former category, it was a decent chaser/thirst slaker. Says it was made from "NW waters", probably a label design holdover from the days it was brewed in the Sea-Tac area (didnít drink it then but once or twice). I traded a can of e-Bud (see my other review today) I had just picked up (this time @ $12/case, its growing on me!) for 2 of these while doing another dock sale nearby. A fair trade, Iíd say. Not much point in parsing my ratings except as a scientific excercise.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Reid (1850) - Salem,Oregon, Oregon, USA - SEP 26, 2004
Ok had wondered about buying this ( as it only comes in 12 packs) for a while.I hardly see it, only in a few grocery stores, though I hear once it was a quite popular beer in the PNW. I am afraid its not a terribly good looking beer poured into a glas , pale cooking oil yellow colour, large white head that dissapears in an instant leaving little. Smell is mainly sweet maltiness..corny. Flavour is not that bad really..when very cold..its all malts of course, quite sweet,semi dry finish with some bitter aftertaste whic i doubt is hops. KInda thin and watery on the palate. Its drinkable in hot weather ,outdoors( i was camping)..but would not reach for this again

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Murphy (1759) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - MAR 27, 2004
This is crap. I was not at all suprised to find out Miller brews this, as it has a dominant rotting corn flavor just like MGD. I am ashamed that I bought a whole 12 pack of this!!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
pjcoupe (105) - Perryton, Texas, USA - FEB 25, 2003
Nice fresh malty aroma,crips clean flavor with a malty overtone,good mouthfeel and throat feel.Very clean finish.Smoothe all the way.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Lumberjack99 (14) - Arizona, USA - NOV 24, 2002
Decent, average American lager. Not much taste and slightly watery, so Iíd say it is about comparable to Coors. This was a once-common Pacific Northwest regional brand originally brewed at the Heidelberg plant in Tacoma, Washington. After that brewery closed, Rainier in Seattle picked up the brand, but it became increasingly hard to find even in its native Northwest. With the Rainier brewery closing Iím not sure if itís even being made anymore. Worth picking up if you run across it. A good "thirst quencher" beer.