overall

RATINGS: 433   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.93   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Old Style is an honest, unpretentious, award winning beer that has been pleasing Midwesterners for over 100 years.

maddmatt639's rating

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
maddmatt639 (214) - Pacifica, California, USA - JUN 2, 2013
Doesn't smell like anything, doesn't taste like much but corn and biscuit. Really easy to drink and not offensive like a Bud Light. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

1.4
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 4/20
alexsdad06 (5338) - Ohio, USA - JUN 7, 2014
On tap at Wrigley because that is probably the best (only) place you should drink this. Pours clear yellow with a medium sized white head. The aroma and flavor are pretty bland, sweet grainy malts, some skunky notes, grass. I was at Wrigley though. I have heard stories that this wasnít as bad many years ago.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
pablo951 (450) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 30, 2014
Had it out of a can, yeah!! Better than I thought! It is what it is. Macro

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Travlr (9998) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - MAY 18, 2014
I used to drink this in college, before there was good beer in the US. It was peer pressure, I guess, since they were from Chicago and I was a New Yorker. I felt like I had to drink it, especially on football weekends. I didnít like it very much and I used any excuse to avoid drinking it.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
bbrock81 (304) - Le Mars, Iowa, USA - APR 9, 2014
12 oz. can. Generic pale lager. Better than BMC by a long shot, still with the sweet corn/grain flavor, but actually fairly crisp and clean. One of the best of the "old school" pale lagers. Superior to PBR, Rolling Rock, Hammís, etc.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
rumproasts (2734) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - APR 3, 2014
bottle. Pale golden with small head. Watery lager with corn and grain. Uninspiring, but not awful.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
charule (1004) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - FEB 20, 2014
Can from Paddys O Fagans. Poured yellow. Light carb med bod. Light grainy wheat corn taste.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Nero55 (657) - Wisconsin, USA - NOV 29, 2013
Bottle. Golden with medium white head. Aroma of grains, corn (DMS), and some hop notes. Light body that is crisp and clean with a slight bitter finish. One of the better mass produced light lager beers.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
JoeNavy (1) - Savage, Minnesota, USA - OCT 15, 2013 does not count
I enjoyed the LaCrosse WI Version of Old Style in the 1980ís. I was surprised they Sold Out. The Taste and Alcohol Content Took a Huge Dive. It is now 1/2 as Strong. Change is not always good.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Alextricity (509) - Michigan, USA - OCT 5, 2013
At a Cubs game, there was a certain obligation to try this beer. Appearance: AAL all the way. Yellow. Pretty large head. Surprisingly nice lacing, though. Actually, this looks a bit better than some AALs. Smell: Vanilla and corn. How does that work? Traces of grain in there as well, but sweet/buttered/corn with vanilla are the main notes. Taste: Like the smell. Truthfully, this tastes like a super sweetened Budweiser. Massive corn, and then vanilla. Sort of like a Gennessee Cream Ale might taste when blended with a Bud. This actually doesnít suck. The problem I have with this is that it may be *too* sweet for my tastes... I could see me not wanting much more after a few of these.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
wnoble (1251) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - SEP 30, 2013
Old style at Bearden beer market. fuck yeah bro this shit is so hip it makes me want to give away my PBR.