overall
Zoeterwoude, Netherlands

RATINGS: 263   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.64   EST. CALORIES: 15   ABV: 0.5%

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
harlequinn (2744) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - JUL 9, 2004
I am amzed that heineken broke presidence and put this in a brown bottle. This is just one of those drank out of sheer boredom for the rating, as it was sitting there and I figured why not. This is not terrible among this type of beers. Golden fizzy and watery, the aroma has a bit of a burnt rubber smell. What can I say overall this tastes like shit.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Bryght (17) - California, USA - JUN 22, 2004
In my drinking days, Heineken was my #1 choice among Euro brews. When I stopped drinking, I wanted so badly for Heineken to offer a comparable n/a refreshment. Instead, they offered a commercialized pseudo-clone with more water in it than Chris Webber’s knee. As disappointed as I am in this brewmeister’s lack of effort, I am soothed by the fact that it’s still a skunky, blonde brew with a nice look and aroma. Tastes like it was poured out of a brand new Converse high top, but it’s still better than all the n/a beer in the States. Overall, it’s just good enough to be in my Top 10.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
punkeedo (498) - Covington, Louisiana, USA - JUN 7, 2004
It’s a bit shameful really, I had two, but never read the bottle close enough to realize that this was made by Heineken. I know...I’m a sad rater. I did have two, though, so that should tell you something about this beer. I used to view Miller Sharp’s as the best non-alcoholic beer. Well, check this one out! The aroma is nice--malty and hoppy. It looks nice in a glass--no head, but pretty--it looks like beer. But get this--it tastes like beer! Surprisingly enough. You do realize that it’s non-alcoholic when the aftertaste rolls around. It’s that same watery, carbonated aftertaste that you get from O’douls. It’s not so bad that it ruined my experience. Heck, I had a second. So, as far as non-alcoholic beers that I’ve had thus far, this is a good’un. Recommended.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
ghawener (1454) - San Salvador, EL SALVADOR - MAY 5, 2004
Bottle: Golden yellow with a small head. Aroma and taste is artificial, metallic and stale. Even so, this NA is better than some more known comercial beers.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
HarmonKill-a-Brew (407) - Wilmar, Arkansas, USA - MAY 2, 2004
UPDATED: MAY 3, 2004 Not terrible as far as beverages go, but not much as far as beer goes. Most of these NAs are just too sweet. Brewed by Heineken...maybe they should have put it in a green bottle...a little skunkiness might have actually helped it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
PorterPounder (5367) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - APR 14, 2004
No, not my first choice for #1000 - but what are milestones? A week from now I'll have no idea what was #1000. Light golden appearance, slight white head with good lacing. Faint aroma of wort. Very smooth flavor - could see drinking this if medically ordered to abstain. Does not miss the alcohol. Very crisp flavor with a heavy hop bite.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
IslandHaole (1091) - Yokosuka-Shi, Kanagawa-Ken, JAPAN - MAR 4, 2004
Just a blah, slightly sweet NA brew. Some wet cardboard flavors give it a flavor other than carbonated water.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
Andrew196 (1091) - Katy, Texas, USA - JAN 3, 2004
This beer reminds me of this time that nstal and I were bored in the Mech. Eng. building one night back in college. Since there are very few female ME students, we used the womens restroom after a drinking binge at a bar across the street.....we thought it would be amusing. Once in there, we saw the tampon machines in the stalls.....naturally, we had to buy a couple. Once purchased, we unwrapped them, soaked them in water and flung them at a window inside the study lounge.....these suckers really stuck to the glass and never fell, even once they dried! People laughed when they saw them, its not every day that you see an expanded tampon stuck to glass in a study lounge. Okay, this beer really didnt remind me of the preceding story, but it was pretty funny. This beer sucks and rounded out my side by side tasting of various N/A beers for the evening, I must say that it was the best of the three I had, but it still tasted like hell.....off to kill a Rogue Chocolate Stout!

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
Braudog (5591) - Hampton, Virginia, USA - JAN 1, 2004
Golden and still with no head. Overly sweet, lemony and gross. Next time I'd get water.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
BückDich (5464) - McCall, Idaho, USA - DEC 30, 2003
pale shiny gold, light fizzy head and no lacing absent body and mouthfeel, aroma is lightly toasty and biscuity, flavor is balanced. this is my first low alcohol beer and my god, this actually tastes like a light pils to me with a touch of sulfer. holy crap!