overall
Zoeterwoude, Netherlands

RATINGS: 269   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.64   EST. CALORIES: 15   ABV: 0.5%

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
HarmonKill-a-Brew (407) - Wilmar, Arkansas, USA - MAY 2, 2004
UPDATED: MAY 3, 2004 Not terrible as far as beverages go, but not much as far as beer goes. Most of these NAs are just too sweet. Brewed by Heineken...maybe they should have put it in a green bottle...a little skunkiness might have actually helped it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
PorterPounder (5653) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - APR 14, 2004
No, not my first choice for #1000 - but what are milestones? A week from now I'll have no idea what was #1000. Light golden appearance, slight white head with good lacing. Faint aroma of wort. Very smooth flavor - could see drinking this if medically ordered to abstain. Does not miss the alcohol. Very crisp flavor with a heavy hop bite.

IslandHaole (1091) - Yokosuka-Shi, Kanagawa-Ken, JAPAN - MAR 4, 2004
Just a blah, slightly sweet NA brew. Some wet cardboard flavors give it a flavor other than carbonated water.

Andrew196 (1091) - Katy, Texas, USA - JAN 3, 2004
This beer reminds me of this time that nstal and I were bored in the Mech. Eng. building one night back in college. Since there are very few female ME students, we used the womens restroom after a drinking binge at a bar across the street.....we thought it would be amusing. Once in there, we saw the tampon machines in the stalls.....naturally, we had to buy a couple. Once purchased, we unwrapped them, soaked them in water and flung them at a window inside the study lounge.....these suckers really stuck to the glass and never fell, even once they dried! People laughed when they saw them, its not every day that you see an expanded tampon stuck to glass in a study lounge. Okay, this beer really didnt remind me of the preceding story, but it was pretty funny. This beer sucks and rounded out my side by side tasting of various N/A beers for the evening, I must say that it was the best of the three I had, but it still tasted like hell.....off to kill a Rogue Chocolate Stout!

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
Braudog (5871) - Glenville, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 1, 2004
Golden and still with no head. Overly sweet, lemony and gross. Next time I'd get water.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
BückDich (5464) - McCall, Idaho, USA - DEC 30, 2003
pale shiny gold, light fizzy head and no lacing absent body and mouthfeel, aroma is lightly toasty and biscuity, flavor is balanced. this is my first low alcohol beer and my god, this actually tastes like a light pils to me with a touch of sulfer. holy crap!

thedm (4963) - Fort Wayne, USA - DEC 20, 2003
TheDM and Hotstuff vacation brew 121. This bottled brew was sampled at Dusseldorf's restaurant in Fort Myers Beach Florida. Thanks to my Father who cannot drink higher ABV beers due to his medication, I was able to rate his glass of this brew which poured a large head of foamy finely sized white colored bubbles that left behind a transparent yellow carbonated body in his bubble lined frosted mug. The aroma was skunky and the mouthfeel was thin bubbly. The flavor was that of artifical metallic hops.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 13/20
bac080 (398) - Bloomington, Illinois, USA - DEC 6, 2003
Another wheaty low-alcohol brew. I actually could drink this again, maybe a few.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
bluemeow76 (693) - Lewis Center, Ohio, USA - DEC 2, 2003
Better than typical light beer, but still a typical bland lager taste. Tastes like fizzy water.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
sayravai (4673) - Helsinki, FINLAND - NOV 23, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 3, 2004 [Bottled, Re-rate Oct 3, 2004] Very pale golden color with practically no head. Very faint, slightly sweet and grassy aroma. Sweet flavor is slightly malty and honeyish, with little hops and a sugary finish. Thin, quite watery palate with tickly carbonation. Sort of reminds me of the cheapest German pilseners. It's still better to stick to water when driving.