Brewed by Heineken Nederland
Style: Pale Lager
Zoeterwoude, Netherlands

RATINGS: 486   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.65/5   EST. CALORIES: 96   ABV: 3.2%
Brewed in the same high quality tradition as the original Heineken, but lighter in taste and with fewer calories and carbohydrates.

Being introduced in four select US markets beginning in June 2005: Phoenix, Arizona; Dallas, Texas; Tampa, Florida; and Providence, Rhode Island.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
OhioDad (2492) - Hilliard, Ohio, USA - JUN 12, 2006
12oz bottle pours golden with a short white foamy head. Aroma of mostly skunk but a little light grain under it. Flavor is pretty much the same. Palate is watery. Not a big heineken fan to begin with but this light is worse than the high test by a long shot. The good thing about it is it was a freebie at my neighbor’s house and came with some good conversation!

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
morrdt (715) - Dirty Mo’, North Carolina, USA - JUN 12, 2006
Bottle. This beer is terrible. Take your regular Heineken, add stale water and moth balls, then shake vigorously. Dip your nutsack in it and ta-da. Instant suckfest. Maybe light beers aren’t cut out for me, but this beer was as bad as anything else I’ve tried. Totally skunked.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
KUEric (904) - San Francisco, California, USA - JUN 12, 2006
Bottles: The ’good stuff’ at the gas station in rural Texas, so I went ahead and ’splurged’. Much worse than regular Heine, not something I’d reccomend and not something I plan on having again.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
beaconstreet (811) - Washington DC, USA - JUN 11, 2006
Hawk n’ Dove, the District of Columbia. Two promotional girls in Heineken Light t-shirts tied up were offering this. It’s alright, crisp and all that, but not overpoweringly good. I’d recommend it for a light beer, though it has crazy ass grassy notes to the flavor.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
Cornfield (5570) - Oak Forest, Illinois, USA - JUN 11, 2006
UPDATED: JUL 7, 2007 The weak, watery "flavor" (pale malt and solid corn syrup) is easy enough to drink (but, Why?), but the skunky aroma never goes away. I was under the impression that the Dutch brewery produced some decent beers. Why can’t any of those ever make it to the U.S.?

<font size=-4><a href=http://www.ratebeer.com/Places/ShowPlace.asp? Worlwide Liquor, Palatine, IL<font size=-1>

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
crazyvin (2026) - New York, USA - JUN 10, 2006
Very watery body. it poured a light golden hue with a thin white head whihc faded instantly. Aroma was almost non-existant which is good, i’ve found regular heineken to be rather skunky in that department. Taste was a crisp smooth malt flavor, hops were minimal.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
themadmumis (347) - Westminster, Maryland, USA - JUN 8, 2006
Doesn’t taste like Heineken---Good thing or bad thing? Decent alternative to other light beers; Goes down real smooth... what happend to that twelve pack??? Much more flavor than the seltzer water Beck’s puts on the table (Premier Light) and easy to drink to boot. Heine is O.K. in my book.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
RichJ7 (1175) - Cullman, Alabama, USA - JUN 3, 2006
Eh. Not as bad as I expected it would be, I guess. Like it’s fuller older brother, but with a bit more water, I’d say. Pours a light yellowish gold with a thin white head. Slightly skuny, musty aroma with malt and corn predominant. Taste is pure, thin, light pale lager. But, then again, I’ve certainly had worse.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
HarmonKill-a-Brew (407) - Wilmar, Arkansas, USA - MAY 28, 2006
If I had wanted crappy tasting American light beer, I would have bought crappy tasting American light beer... and saved about 2 bucks a six pack. I actually like regular Heineken ok but this stuff is not worth bothering with.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
bigrond (1499) - factoryville, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 27, 2006
I always thought that Amstel was their light beer, ubt it was being served at a party - when in Rome.... no big surprise - I knew it would suck!