overall
Brewed by Heineken Nederland
Style: Pale Lager
Zoeterwoude, Netherlands

RATINGS: 3680   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.09/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
100% Barley malt, choice hops and pure water give this brew unsurpassed clarity.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
nick76 (4366) - Tampa, Florida, USA - DEC 30, 2004
A very crisp and bitter beer with a strong aroma. The hops dominate the experience. I think it has been so well said by others here that this beer is just above par, but donít you want a premium beer like this to taste great? My personal feeling is that this beer could be improved by malting it up a bit. Only drink this one when your Dutch family comes into town which you hope isnít often.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
alaskanwarren (286) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 29, 2004
UPDATED: MAY 12, 2005 Not impressive, but itís okay enough. I found it smooth and accompanied my meal fine. Not remarkable, and I wonít buy it when I have so many other options available. The bottle I had was fresh, crisp and smooth. As far as ultra-mainstream industrial beers go, itís above par.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
StewardofGondor (1934) - Washington Heights - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 23, 2004
Thank you, but Iíll pass. You could do worse (Sol, Fosters, etc...) but Heineken is a good example of a bad beer beloved to many. Skunky, dirty, metallic and cheese-like. Why do my in-laws love this beer?

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
SubstanceT (1092) - Saint Louis, Missouri, USA - DEC 23, 2004
Ya know, I really thought that I had rated this before, but I guess that I hadnt. Well, here is the deal. everyone has had this stuff and I cant really think of anything clever or witty to say about it. I wonder whta it would taste like if it werent skunked, or I wonder what it would taste like if it were a different beer? Hmmm, that sounds good

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Odeed (1799) - Bakersfield, California, USA - DEC 23, 2004
my friends and i call this the "two dollar bottle of mickeyís".this is a brew that tastes skunked when its fresh.it boasts a body that looks the same going in,as coming out.not to mention it costs the same as a nice 6 pack of your favorite local micro-brew.drop the heini and move on to something finer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
Tejas (973) - Dallas, Texas, USA - DEC 21, 2004
Canít complain about the arome like most do b/c I didnít detect one, good or bad. Tastes far too dry to me. Actually doesnít even taste like a Dutch beer. To me it tastes Mexican or Peru ala Modelo or Cosuquenas(sp). Really thin like the barley was corn. Quite undrinkable. Now I know why Iím just now reviewing this one.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
empiman (21) - shawnee, Oklahoma, USA - DEC 21, 2004
My first bar choice when going out (hey, slim pickinís in Oklahoma sometimes). Consistent smell and flavor, not the best but I still like it.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
SDalkoholic (2318) - Linda Vista, California, USA - DEC 21, 2004
24oz bottle: Back in the day i thought this smelled and tasted good. I realize it smells like the other pale lagers, and tastes like them too. Medium gold color with a fizzy head. Corn flavored with some grainy grass. Its okay drinking beer for BBQís or buying in a keg for a party but... I donít find myself drinking this like i used to.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
PrimeMinister (138) - Quebec, CANADA - DEC 15, 2004
Pale yellow color with proper carbonation. I removed an appearance point as the beer poured no head. Aroma was impressively inviting as there was no skunky odor. I was very pleased with that since I really wanted to taste a good heineken to give it a fair rating. Dry hop came out of the first mouthfuls. Very little aftertaste. Disappointing flavors with a metal-like finish. This beer felt like making love to a crippled old lady.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
macguy (146) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - DEC 14, 2004
This beer is consistently pretty good for a pils. Iíve drank it in a lot of places around the world and am never disappointed. One morning in Amsterdam, I saw a small tank truck pull up on a quiet street. The driver took out a crow bar, opened a manhole cover and attached a flex hose from the truck to a fitting inside the manhole. It was, of course, a Heineken truck.