Brewed by Heineken Nederland
Style: Pale Lager
Zoeterwoude, Netherlands

RATINGS: 3568   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.09   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
100% Barley malt, choice hops and pure water give this brew unsurpassed clarity.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Pimgref (86) - Gorinchem, NETHERLANDS - MAY 21, 2004
Decent good pilsener. No specific charactaristics apart from the image. Good with a sunny day in the garden.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Imbockinsxtx (82) - Big Bend (Benavides, TX), Texas, USA - MAY 17, 2004
Pours very pale yellow colour with a descent Head. The Scent is pronounced with a bit of a Skunky Aroma with a yeasty Staley Hint. Not abhorrent at all and kinda pleasing in a Rustic Pastoral sense. The Flavour is of a mixture of sweet malt Liqour and some hops. The Head dissipates quickly and there is virtually no lacing to speak. This beer does not let up any thinner than it already is so one can rest assured that you can pour a large glass full and enjoy the Dutch Treat till the finish. This beer is not one that I will purchase on my own volition lest its given to me, but one beer that for Nostalgicís sake I will never turn down. It has been a part of my Youthful Indiscretions and it will always have a place in my heart. Salud!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
jde123 (768) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - MAY 12, 2004
Pours a light green color, like green lemonade. There are more things about this beer that I donít like than I do. The initial aroma and taste is terrible, but gets a little better throughout. One of the worst in my opinion.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
RichJ7 (1175) - Cullman, Alabama, USA - MAY 11, 2004
UPDATED: MAY 25, 2004 I donít see the allure. Itís a decent brew, but has a skunky smell and isnít that flavorful for the price. It is smooth and light, though, so it does have its good points. Very overrated, though.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
dropkickm79 (53) - Oklahoma, USA - MAY 11, 2004
i like this beer. granted its overrated and overpriced but still a good beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
jasonp (1557) - Ashburn, Virginia, USA - MAY 8, 2004
Nope, not a fan of the brew at all. Pours a straw golden yellow with an off-white head. Skunky aroma. Taste is very lightly malty and hoppy. Boring, forgettable and overrated.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
Enniskillen (2044) - Salinas, California, USA - MAY 8, 2004
Very light, almost clear, for some reason my friends really like this. It was bad, but I have had worse.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Gorbalev (3000) - Ontario, CANADA - MAY 7, 2004
My second forced down pint at bar with no selection. Had only had it in the bottles before - aroma not nearly as skunky on draught. Still, very pale colour, thin body and no discernable taste to speak of - slightly bitter I suppose, but only in a sour sort of way. Worst beer I have had on tap in a long time – I’d rate in below some national mass market stuff.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
brianprentiss (678) - Portland, Oregon, USA - MAY 5, 2004
Hardly a step up from American macrobrews in taste, but will cost you much more. If you want this taste, stick with Original Coors or Miller High Life - theyíre cheaper.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Kingman (26) - Lexington, Ohio, USA - MAY 2, 2004
ok, ok its skunky. But it still has great flavor after a few gulps. Absolutely superior to any domestic Lager. The keg can is genious marketing.