overall
Brewed by Heineken Nederland
Style: Pale Lager
Zoeterwoude, Netherlands

RATINGS: 3484   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.09   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
100% Barley malt, choice hops and pure water give this brew unsurpassed clarity.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
damirvrkic (56) - Franklin ACT, AUSTRALIA - MAR 10, 2003
I like this beer. I know alot of people don't but compared to Aussie beers, this is a welcome change. Good mild hop flavour.

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 4/20
JasonG (776) - Salt Lake City, Utah, USA - MAR 5, 2003
I really was in the mood for a beer today, but I was out of anything good, and so my roommate had some of this sitting in the fridge. I had about 5 sips and poured the rest out. This bottle may be a bit skunked (at least I hope it was). Aroma was sour and bitter. Flavor was flat, short, with an unpleasantly sour and bitter finish. This really is just a bad macro dressed up as a fancy import for the gullible public.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
clvand0 (350) - Lexington, Kentucky, USA - MAR 2, 2003
Boy is this a crappy beer. I bought it in a 26oz keg shaped can because I had never had it and I thought the can was cool. It had the appearance and aroma of a normal American style yellow beer, but it tasted like pure ass. I'm not sure how this beer is so popular.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
rickgordon (3845) - Göteborg, SWEDEN - MAR 2, 2003
Rocky white, mostly lasting head. Yellow body. Moderate aroma. Light finish. No initial flavour. A beer not to remember.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
LarsHolmer (112) - Göteborg, SWEDEN - FEB 26, 2003
Once upon a time I didn´t know so much about beer, and in those days this was an exclusive choice. It isn´t anymore...I have seen the light, but this Dutchman never will...

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
haukur (1345) - Reykjavik, ICELAND - FEB 26, 2003
UPDATED: FEB 15, 2004 a very very popular beer, and I dont have a clue why? it doesnt taste good, it´s very light, the only thing good about it I can think of is that it tastes ok very cooled in hot weather. it pulls a decent head though....

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
AustinMilbarge (681) - Denver, Colorado, USA - FEB 25, 2003
Is it supposed to be stale tasting, either way they do a good job of it. Not worth the extra money of an import. I know Warsteiner isn't a lager, but if you want a half-decent mass-produced popular Euro-import I'd go with that one instead of this one.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
RaginCajun (320) - Houston, Texas, USA - FEB 24, 2003
Wow, this stuff is bad. If the color and smell wasn't enough to turn you off, the taste sure finishes it off. Extremely skunky with that nasty sugary sweet flavor. I have *no* idea why people think this is a good beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
lachdanan (9) - Tipton, Indiana, USA - FEB 19, 2003 does not count
It always seems like it is skunked or been sitting out in the sun or something. Maybe you do have to go to Europe to really apreciate it, but no thanks.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
beerluvindave (194) - Canonsburg, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 17, 2003
Light, simple lager with some aftertastes that suggest it's been sitting too long. Go to Europe if you want to try Heineken the way it's supposed to taste!!