overall
Brewed by Heineken Nederland
Style: Pale Lager
Zoeterwoude, Netherlands

RATINGS: 3498   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.09   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
100% Barley malt, choice hops and pure water give this brew unsurpassed clarity.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
ConiseurofBeer (242) - Downingtown, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 20, 2003
I hate this beer and I hate the stupid yuppies that force it on me because they think its great. I had one yesterday and noticed slight hops and malt flavors, but it still sucks. No one should ever by this beer, if not for the fact that it's green bottle yuppie swill, then for the fact that Howard Stern endorses it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Shag (2668) - Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA - MAR 19, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 12, 2003 Advertised to the preppy crowd who thinks they are consuming a top notch import. Now back to reality. A lager and little else. Seems to get me real messed up for whatever reason. I dont hate it as many as some on this site, but I would prefer Rolling Rock as something comprable. Costs way to damn much. Avoid green bottle skunk.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
srwalker155210 (51) - Deltona, Florida, USA - MAR 13, 2003
It's my choice when anywhere other than Australia or portugal. I couldn't even tell you why - it's so unlike any of my other beer drinking preferences, however I still find myself drawn back to it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
jgb9348 (5012) - Arlington (Pentagon City), Virginia, USA - MAR 10, 2003
Standard lager flavour, not a great smell of course. Not the absolute worst beer in the entire world, but far from even the best lager. Too bad it's the only 'decent' beer you can get on a domestic United Airlines flight.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
damirvrkic (56) - Franklin ACT, AUSTRALIA - MAR 10, 2003
I like this beer. I know alot of people don't but compared to Aussie beers, this is a welcome change. Good mild hop flavour.

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 4/20
JasonG (776) - Salt Lake City, Utah, USA - MAR 5, 2003
I really was in the mood for a beer today, but I was out of anything good, and so my roommate had some of this sitting in the fridge. I had about 5 sips and poured the rest out. This bottle may be a bit skunked (at least I hope it was). Aroma was sour and bitter. Flavor was flat, short, with an unpleasantly sour and bitter finish. This really is just a bad macro dressed up as a fancy import for the gullible public.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
clvand0 (350) - Lexington, Kentucky, USA - MAR 2, 2003
Boy is this a crappy beer. I bought it in a 26oz keg shaped can because I had never had it and I thought the can was cool. It had the appearance and aroma of a normal American style yellow beer, but it tasted like pure ass. I'm not sure how this beer is so popular.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
rickgordon (3845) - Göteborg, SWEDEN - MAR 2, 2003
Rocky white, mostly lasting head. Yellow body. Moderate aroma. Light finish. No initial flavour. A beer not to remember.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
LarsHolmer (112) - Göteborg, SWEDEN - FEB 26, 2003
Once upon a time I didn´t know so much about beer, and in those days this was an exclusive choice. It isn´t anymore...I have seen the light, but this Dutchman never will...

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
haukur (1345) - Reykjavik, ICELAND - FEB 26, 2003
UPDATED: FEB 15, 2004 a very very popular beer, and I dont have a clue why? it doesnt taste good, it´s very light, the only thing good about it I can think of is that it tastes ok very cooled in hot weather. it pulls a decent head though....