overall
Brewed by Heineken Nederland
Style: Pale Lager
Zoeterwoude, Netherlands

RATINGS: 3518   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.09   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
100% Barley malt, choice hops and pure water give this brew unsurpassed clarity.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
allconf50 (12) - Colorado, USA - MAY 9, 2003
I really enjoy this beer. For being a mass produced product it's very flavorful, pours a nice head, and smells pretty good. Clear tasty lager. Thumbs up

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Eirikur (376) - hafnarfjordur, ICELAND - MAY 9, 2003
not bad, not bad at all for such a famous lager, usually it is with the lagers that the more famouse they are the more horrid they taste. Heineken has a good allround body and nice, fresh aftertaste.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Wrath (362) - Valparaiso, Indiana, USA - MAY 8, 2003
Skunk!!! Not a real good beer.dry bitter finish but one can only assume that this beer is made with crappy water.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Superstar (45) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 4, 2003
After making an unauthorized stroll into the “high rollers” room at a casino (read: open bar) I thought I had hit the jackpot. The bartender recommended this as the “best” beer offered...it wasn’t as bad as I had anticipated, but if I were really a high roller, I would have felt ripped off. However, since I was too busy trying to conceal my cup of quarters, I didn’t really have much to say about it. Faint aroma, and color. Some hops present. I could do without the chemical aftertaste though.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 6/20
Jedsbrew (465) - Rhineland, Missouri, USA - MAY 2, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 29, 2003 I was desperate for something to rate, but should have known better than try this one again. One would think they would fix that skunkiness after all these years, but I guess maybe some folks think it is supposed to be that way I don't know. Actually looks great, nice head retention, dry with bitter finish, but for me it's ruined by that gawdawful aroma that's all.

0.6
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Cobra (1100) - - MAY 1, 2003
Pepe Le Pew in a bottle. Man, was this beer skunked. My god man, what's this world coming to when you can't even believe the tv ads? ;>). Seriously, this is some really bad pig swill. I wouldn't serve this shit to my worst enemy, if they were dying of thirst. I just wouldn't subject anybody to this awful beer. It is an off yellow color, no head to speak of, the aroma is of burned corn, and stale cheesy hops. I bet they make a thousand gallons of this bilge water for close to 50 cents. Stale smelling, stale tasting, stale everything. Stay away from this yuppy crap-in-a-can.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
cornhusker01 (76) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - APR 29, 2003
I was surprised by how skunky this lager was, I just wasn't expecting it. Other than that, it was clean and is a beer I look forward to drinking again.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
lunaticharness (183) - Torrance, California, USA - APR 29, 2003
mass produced skunky lager that is very unimpressionable definitely not the worst thing i have ever drank but not very far away

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
BeerDude78 (91) - Brick NJ, New Jersey, USA - APR 29, 2003
This is one of my favorite macro brews. It's definitely has the skunk effect to it , but it you can't taste it as much as the can. The canned version is a far superior to the bottled version of this brew

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Spiesy (2338) - Sydney, Greater London, AUSTRALIA - APR 16, 2003
A global brand the equal of Guinness, Bud, or Fosters. The beer doesn't exit me much. Other it purhaps come at some expense to the taste and flavour, its purhaps one of the most consistent performes on the world tour.