overall
Brewed by Heineken Nederland
Style: Pale Lager
Zoeterwoude, Netherlands

RATINGS: 3676   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.09/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
100% Barley malt, choice hops and pure water give this brew unsurpassed clarity.

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
radiomgb (2686) - Peterborough, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 30, 2004
Well, what can I say about this one. Why is this so popular? All I got out of it was a really bad metallic taste and skunk. No good at all.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Crockett (1066) - Southampton,Ontario, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 29, 2004
Tap pour. Clear, and virtually without carbonation. Little to no aroma. At least nothing stands out. It smells somewhat like beer. It also smells somewhat like nothing. Used to fill out the import selection. Hey, people know the name. Very flat in taste. A little bit of late hoppy malt nothingness. Popular. When I close my eyes and really think about what I'm drinking I see (1) a hulking macro brewery import surcharge, and (2) A bunch of Netherlanders rolling around on a pile of money. Keep up the good work.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
piscator34 (2269) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - JAN 28, 2004
Hoppy... similar to Becks, but with a bit less favour. Light yellow in colour, and not much head. I liked this beer when I was younger, but now I feel like I (along with my taste buds) have grown past this one.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
jollyraider (252) - Los Angeles, California, USA - JAN 28, 2004
Not too bad. Despite what others say, preferable to a lot of beer you seen at college. I liked the bit of bite. Drink it cold to avoid the skunk.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
ThomasE (5174) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - JAN 25, 2004
Before the great beer rage sat in, this was as fancy as things could get in Denmark when it came to foreign beers. Happily things have changed, and to day one can get plenty of better lagers.

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
jdog76 (85) - madison, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 23, 2004
Not a very good beer. It was just way to skunky. Any flavor or aroma was dominated by the skunky taste. I will never order this one again.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
becksgenius (110) - Illinois, USA - JAN 23, 2004
Not anything outstanding, but around my arean this is some high quality stuff, you order one of these people raise thier eye brows. not what the drunks drink. if there is no becks i can stomach this stuff. the two are somewhat similar.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 3/20
Gmku (299) - Iowa City, Iowa, USA - JAN 22, 2004
Used to be way back in my time you could look cool like Mick Jagger if you walked around a bar with one of these in your hand. That's about all it was good for back then, and today it's just not good for much. There's so much better stuff you can spend your money on. Don't fall for the marketing and the rep. Avoid.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
chriso (7513) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - JAN 19, 2004
Blond and bland. Inoffensive, but entirely lacking in character. Nothing much else to say really.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
KarmanGhia (276) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - JAN 16, 2004
UPDATED: MAR 21, 2005 I end up getting it sometimes in the $2, 24 ounce bottles as a "backup", along with a six of something good.