overall
Brewed by Heineken Nederland
Style: Pale Lager
Zoeterwoude, Netherlands

RATINGS: 3531   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.09   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
100% Barley malt, choice hops and pure water give this brew unsurpassed clarity.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
BassMonkey83 (16) - USA - MAY 11, 2003
Better than most of the mass produced beers. However, I still don't feel it deserves the accolades it receives from most fellow collegians. Must be consumed immediately upon purchase because it skunks by the next day; thin mouthfeel is only helped by the decent flavor. Strictly average

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
kwoeltje (2233) - Manchester, Missouri, USA - MAY 10, 2003
Pale yellow fizzy lager. Not much aroma. Smooth mild lager taste with just barely a hint of hops. Better than Michelob (i.e., a "premium" American lager

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
BBB63 (6443) - La Porte, Indiana, USA - MAY 9, 2003
Too bad more Americans can't taste Heineken on tap in Holland or Belgium. It is a far better beer overthere than the bottled stuff we have. As for the tasting, Yes, Iv'e had some that have been skunky due to age, but my last one was fine. The aroma had some hoppiness and woody smell to it but didn't do much for me. The taste, well it's a massed produced lager with mild sweetness and just enough fizz to let you know that it's a beer. In bottle, a very average brew and something I would only drink if the other choice was Bud.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
allconf50 (12) - Colorado, USA - MAY 9, 2003
I really enjoy this beer. For being a mass produced product it's very flavorful, pours a nice head, and smells pretty good. Clear tasty lager. Thumbs up

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Eirikur (376) - hafnarfjordur, ICELAND - MAY 9, 2003
not bad, not bad at all for such a famous lager, usually it is with the lagers that the more famouse they are the more horrid they taste. Heineken has a good allround body and nice, fresh aftertaste.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Wrath (362) - Valparaiso, Indiana, USA - MAY 8, 2003
Skunk!!! Not a real good beer.dry bitter finish but one can only assume that this beer is made with crappy water.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Superstar (45) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 4, 2003
After making an unauthorized stroll into the “high rollers” room at a casino (read: open bar) I thought I had hit the jackpot. The bartender recommended this as the “best” beer offered...it wasn’t as bad as I had anticipated, but if I were really a high roller, I would have felt ripped off. However, since I was too busy trying to conceal my cup of quarters, I didn’t really have much to say about it. Faint aroma, and color. Some hops present. I could do without the chemical aftertaste though.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 6/20
Jedsbrew (465) - Rhineland, Missouri, USA - MAY 2, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 29, 2003 I was desperate for something to rate, but should have known better than try this one again. One would think they would fix that skunkiness after all these years, but I guess maybe some folks think it is supposed to be that way I don't know. Actually looks great, nice head retention, dry with bitter finish, but for me it's ruined by that gawdawful aroma that's all.

0.6
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Cobra (1100) - - MAY 1, 2003
Pepe Le Pew in a bottle. Man, was this beer skunked. My god man, what's this world coming to when you can't even believe the tv ads? ;>). Seriously, this is some really bad pig swill. I wouldn't serve this shit to my worst enemy, if they were dying of thirst. I just wouldn't subject anybody to this awful beer. It is an off yellow color, no head to speak of, the aroma is of burned corn, and stale cheesy hops. I bet they make a thousand gallons of this bilge water for close to 50 cents. Stale smelling, stale tasting, stale everything. Stay away from this yuppy crap-in-a-can.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
cornhusker01 (76) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - APR 29, 2003
I was surprised by how skunky this lager was, I just wasn't expecting it. Other than that, it was clean and is a beer I look forward to drinking again.