overall
Brewed by Heineken Nederland
Style: Pale Lager
Zoeterwoude, Netherlands

RATINGS: 3669   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.09/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
100% Barley malt, choice hops and pure water give this brew unsurpassed clarity.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
mullet (849) - Melbourne, AUSTRALIA - JAN 4, 2004
On tap. Clear and pale, not much head retention. Aroma vaguely like a witbier (so THAT'S what it smells like unskunked!). Flavour slightly malty, lacking any hops. Vaguely reminiscent of soda water. Thin (!) body. Avergae, but there's worse.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
sdfink (30) - Aiken, South Carolina, USA - JAN 4, 2004
Watery. Lacks body. Skunky aroma. Entirely forgettable and avoidable. Adequately carbonated.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Kalli (502) - Falun, SWEDEN - JAN 3, 2004
From a can. Light, highly transparent golden yellow. Fairly watery, yet noticable malts. Nothing to get excited about, though and neither are the barely noticable hops. Little aftertaste and body, lots of carbonation. Nothing vile, really, but not good either.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
DatFlycat (12) - Los Gatos, California, USA - JAN 3, 2004
Indeed pretty skunky. I get the feeling that it really would be a decent beer if not for the sunlight exposure (green glass). Alas, I must rate it as it comes, and it always comes Pepe Le Peu. Curiously, I actually dislike it on tap. I can drink this beer, but it is rather pedestrian.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
Agtronic (27) - Laval, Quebec, CANADA - JAN 3, 2004
I like the skunky aroma, LOVE the bittery flavor. A good everyday beer, but not really one to get drunk on. More of a hot summer day after mowing the lawn kind of beer. I don't see why the skunk smell or flavor would be a turn off, it gets me excited and I enjoy it very much.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Bainer (45) - Windsor, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 31, 2003
A bitter, bitter beer. Not a fan of this stinky, flat, putrid offering. Take a pass guys.

1.2
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
pjk33 (390) - Sligo - Curllsville Heights, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 29, 2003
I can't believe that so many people like this skunked up piss. Good ad campaign I guess because this is one more shitty brew in a green bottle. Light in color, skunky in taste, skunky in smell. NO good!

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
dragonthc (11) - Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA - DEC 27, 2003
bleh. beer for the euro creeps. bland hoppy flavor coupled with a skunky aroma make this something to avoid

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Friday (30) - Brighton, Michigan, USA - DEC 25, 2003
Not a bad lager when compared to the USA macro-brewers. 10 years ago, I hated this beer. Now that I have had a few more beers in my time, this isnt really bad. The aroma consists mainly of hops, and the flavor is hoppy as well. I'd easily drink this beer if given to me.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
BeerRunner (144) - San Diego, California, USA - DEC 25, 2003
Your basic commercial beer. Very little complexity. Yeah, it's OK if it's hot and you're tired...but I'd almost rather have water.