overall
Brewed by Heineken Nederland
Style: Pale Lager
Zoeterwoude, Netherlands

RATINGS: 3305   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.1   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
100% Barley malt, choice hops and pure water give this brew unsurpassed clarity.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
weusebio (69) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JUN 10, 2002
’Heineken? Fuck that shit. Pabst Blue Ribbon’ -Blue Velvet I was unimpressed by t his overrated and overpriced beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
VTIrishman99 (64) - Virginia, USA - JUN 9, 2002
Its really not a great beer, and it costs an arm and a leg. The bottles are cool, the keg cans, EVEN COOLER. Of course if I was going to pay $12/12 keg cans, I’d just go ahead and get a pony keg of something I actually deemed good.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
iggysam2000 (38) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JUN 9, 2002
RE-RATE I ACCIDENTLY POSTED MY LAST Very good classic beer flavor, pretty smooth easy to drink, i dont understand why people call it skunky its very good, my only problem is price i can get the same flavor in beer for half the price or less.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
jazz88 (2542) - San Francisco, California, USA - JUN 8, 2002
Tap. Always a little skunky which is what I expect from dutch beers. Very one dimensional but preferrable to many of the offerings among its peers.

BeerManiac6699 (11) - USA - JUN 7, 2002
Good standard lager. There’s nothing ultra special about it, but that’s what it’s supposed ot be.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
ondrej (32) - Toronto, CANADA - JUN 5, 2002
This beer is okay. Not excellent but definitely noteworthy thirst quencher. What’s special about this beer/brewery is the story behind it. I enjoy reading again and again the history of the brewery founded by Mr.Heineken and his father. Let me tell you - these guys have accomplished something. You gotta give ’em credit for that even if you don’t like the beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
Velveeta99 (13) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 4, 2002
Kind of skunky (at least mine was). Good taste, though. I thought it was decent - ice cold makes this go down better.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
Jokes (1453) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUN 3, 2002
First beer I ever had. Probably why it took me so long to finally drink and then understand what good beer is. Extremely light in color, with the infamous skunky aroma. Surprising little flavor for the strong aftertaste. Very sharp in the mouth and then gone. Only to come back and haunt in a few minutes.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
pilsnerrogge (2460) - Finspång, SWEDEN - JUN 2, 2002
Another beer without any big flaws but still nothing special to write home about.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
IslandHaole (1091) - Yokosuka-Shi, Kanagawa-Ken, JAPAN - JUN 2, 2002
Just had one with a seafood buffet for dinner. One of my favorite macro lagers. Crisp not bitter, I like the aroma, what some call skunky, I call herbacious. A good beer.