overall
Brewed by Heineken Nederland
Style: Pale Lager
Zoeterwoude, Netherlands

RATINGS: 3680   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.09/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
100% Barley malt, choice hops and pure water give this brew unsurpassed clarity.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
leitrim65 (402) - Seattle, Washington, USA - OCT 26, 2003
I'll take it over a Bud any day. The aroma is a bit skunky. Appearance is bla. Well carbonated somewhat malty flavors. Drinkable, if it's my only choice.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
brewblackhole (1588) - Muskego, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 25, 2003
Thought this is what stong European beer was all about in my younger days. Had an ok aroma, a nice sweet malty first taste, then bam US macro nothingness. Rate slightly ahead of US big three

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
bluevegie (3070) - Perth, AUSTRALIA - OCT 23, 2003
Well it went down alright it wasn't that flash, didn't smell that great and not much taste but I finished it up easily enough.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
bgarrigus (36) - Massachusetts, USA - OCT 22, 2003
A little more taste than the typical megabrew. But not much, and certainly not enough to make it more than a 2. Typial color, typical skunky smell, typical lack of character.

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 4/20
jfm (1724) - Holbæk, DENMARK - OCT 20, 2003
Light golden color with a small white head. Taste is water with notes of malts and hops.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
BuckNaked (1230) - Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA - OCT 19, 2003
Heineken pours with an average size white, foamy head that diminishes quickly. Body is Clear(filtered) and golden colored. Light to moderate malty aroma (light bread, grain). Slightly sweet, and very slightly bitter flavor, does not finish with much flavor. Light to medium body, watery texture and lively carbonation. Overall not one of my favorite beers, but still at least average for its comparable style and market.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
vw86ggti (14) - Puyallup, Washington, USA - OCT 15, 2003
Typial mainstream beer. Good carbonation. Not as skunky as Becks. Flavor just isn't there with this beer, might as well buy Budweiser.

1.1
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
DKlovesbeer (172) - Sarasota, Florida, USA - OCT 13, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 18, 2003 I got drunk on this once and I will never do that again! This beer gives great hangovers and if that's what you're into then I highly recommend it; for the rest of us I suggest drinking a wino's urine before Heineken. One possible exception is if it is ice cold. I built a snowman in Brooklyn, New York last February and since this was all there was to drink I did have a few. I buried the bottle in the snow between gulps and kept it icy the entire time. I won't say I liked it but it was not that bad. I have had worse beers but not many. When poured into a glass it looks pretty good and has a foamy white head that tends to stick around for a while. I think there is an overwhelming hop flavor in this beer and it is not the good kind of hop flavor. I am not sure if they use malt or gym socks to brew this but if they do use malt then it is not very tasty malt. My first impression was that the beer was stale. I have come to understand that stale beer is the normal Heineken flavor. I just hope Jelly Belly never tries to copy this beer as a jelly bean.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
y0cola (361) - fremont, California, USA - OCT 10, 2003
UPDATED: MAR 31, 2004 I honestly dont comprehend how people can deem this beer to be 100x better than any cheap beer. it's pretty pathetic.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
carboloader (674) - Houston, Texas, USA - OCT 9, 2003
Pours a pale yellow with white head that quickly diminishes. Plenty fizzy. Aroma and flavor are about like most big brewery beers. A little more citrus in this than American macros, but still leaves much to be desired, especially for the price paid. Definitely toward the lower end of my list.