overall
Brewed by Heineken Nederland
Style: Pale Lager
Zoeterwoude, Netherlands

RATINGS: 3345   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.09   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
100% Barley malt, choice hops and pure water give this brew unsurpassed clarity.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
drb99 (15) - Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA - MAR 22, 2002
Sharp taste really cuts through when slightly warm - serve cold!

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
Drew (2411) - Kent, Ohio, USA - MAR 19, 2002
we’ve all had it, no sense in going on and on about a beer that is just BLAH! not great, yet not horrible.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
vacek (67) - College Station, Texas, USA - MAR 18, 2002
I am disappointed by this one. Many people sware by this beer, but I found it rather unappealing. It had a rather sharp taste that really didn’t go anywhere. In fact, I dumped the last bit so I could leave the casino I was at.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
olympian (107) - USA - MAR 17, 2002
Not a huge beer, but a consistently fine one. As industrially uniform as Bass in bottles - in 35 years, I have never had two bottles of Heineken that tasted the least bit different. Even better on draft, but unfortunately for me, it’s one of several beers (most of them favorites) that I cannot drink on draft because it gives me a splitting headache. It is excellent with food. Those who call it ’skunky’ have had WAY too much Bud Light and MGD in their time. If you eat a half-pound of marshmallow bunnies and then have a swig of lemonade, the lemonade tastes ’sour’, too.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Andy99 (15) - ENGLAND - MAR 16, 2002
Served cold this is the perfect summer lager

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
papajijo (22) - USA - MAR 15, 2002
One of my favorites. Gets the job done faster than most beers. The price sucks, but good beer costs money.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
JINGHAY99 (1) - POOP DRIVE, Rhode Island, USA - MAR 15, 2002 does not count
THIS IS A GREAT BEER.. A LOT OF PEOPLE SEEM TO THINK ITS SKUNKY, BUT THATS ONLY BECAUSE YOU’VE HAD ONE THATS BEEN SITTIN AROUND IN THE HEAT FOR A WHILE.. THERES NOTHING LIKE A NICE CRISP FRESH HEINEKEN..MMMMMMM HEINEKEN

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
grant60 (185) - Perth, AUSTRALIA - MAR 15, 2002
my rating is when it comes out of a can, but from a bottle it is crap and skunky

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Skred (107) - Houma, Louisiana, USA - MAR 14, 2002
More character than a Bud/Miller/Coors, but something less than a Rolling Rock. Noticeable hops, can be refreshing when cold, but nothing to go out of your way for.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
StevieMSU (64) - Kentucky, USA - MAR 13, 2002
this beer has an awful skunky tatse and I am no fan of this horse piss in a bottle, I say ship the shit back to Holland