overall
Brewed by Heineken Nederland
Style: Pale Lager
Zoeterwoude, Netherlands

RATINGS: 3693   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.09/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
100% Barley malt, choice hops and pure water give this brew unsurpassed clarity.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
gjamieson (80) - Canton, Georgia, USA - MAR 30, 2003
I've never understood what the big deal was with Heineken. It smells to me like horse feed. And it doesn't taste a whole lot better. A cold Heineken tastes about as good as a warm Miller High Life does. And it costs three times as much! Go figure!

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
sethdude (706) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - MAR 27, 2003
UPDATED: APR 2, 2003 Just realized my old rating is gone...strange. Luckily, I have notes. Nasty odor, makes me want to pour into drain before drinking. Think Corona meets ass. No real color to speak of. Head is pale and thin. Flavor is, well, lacking and a little skunky. Not a good beer. Generally speaking, I love the Dutch, but this should be poured back into the fjord.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
andy609 (143) - Auburndale, Massachusetts, USA - MAR 24, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 11, 2003 This is a disgusting beer. It tastes like a mixture of Rolling Rock and piss. We should let the Dutch keep this shit. I don't know why anyone would pay $15.99 for 12 of these.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Hysteria (38) - USA - MAR 23, 2003
Beautiful pale gold pour. Brief head. Fresh fruity aroma. Sweet hops and malt balanced which stays the same all the way through. Enjoy it for what it is, a very drinkable light lager.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
jaymobrown (1827) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAR 21, 2003
Offensive over-hyped beer. Last choice, except when given one (as in this case). Avoid.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
ConiseurofBeer (242) - Downingtown, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 20, 2003
I hate this beer and I hate the stupid yuppies that force it on me because they think its great. I had one yesterday and noticed slight hops and malt flavors, but it still sucks. No one should ever by this beer, if not for the fact that it's green bottle yuppie swill, then for the fact that Howard Stern endorses it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Shag (2789) - Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA - MAR 19, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 12, 2003 Advertised to the preppy crowd who thinks they are consuming a top notch import. Now back to reality. A lager and little else. Seems to get me real messed up for whatever reason. I dont hate it as many as some on this site, but I would prefer Rolling Rock as something comprable. Costs way to damn much. Avoid green bottle skunk.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
srwalker155210 (108) - Port Orange, Florida, USA - MAR 13, 2003
It's my choice when anywhere other than Australia or portugal. I couldn't even tell you why - it's so unlike any of my other beer drinking preferences, however I still find myself drawn back to it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
jgb9348 (5527) - Arlington (Pentagon City), Virginia, USA - MAR 10, 2003
Standard lager flavour, not a great smell of course. Not the absolute worst beer in the entire world, but far from even the best lager. Too bad it's the only 'decent' beer you can get on a domestic United Airlines flight.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
damirvrkic (56) - Franklin ACT, AUSTRALIA - MAR 10, 2003
I like this beer. I know alot of people don't but compared to Aussie beers, this is a welcome change. Good mild hop flavour.