overall
Brewed by Heineken Nederland
Style: Pale Lager
Zoeterwoude, Netherlands

RATINGS: 3329   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.09   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
100% Barley malt, choice hops and pure water give this brew unsurpassed clarity.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
keithsbeer99 (3) - Brantford, Ontario, CANADA - FEB 4, 2002 does not count

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
NJBeerman013 (1045) - Hamilton Twp., New Jersey, USA - FEB 4, 2002
Not a bad basic lager. Clean, crisp, tastes great. Nothing outstanding though. A little overpriced in my opinion.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
bluemeow76 (693) - Lewis Center, Ohio, USA - FEB 4, 2002
I say everthing tastes like Heineken, so I thought I better rate it - this is the middle of the road beer. It’s obviously better than Budweiser - but not better than most imports. I think it has a slightly shunky aftertaste.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
Ernest (6198) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - FEB 2, 2002
UPDATED: JUL 28, 2007 Bottle. Head is initially average sized, frothy, white, fully diminishing. Body is clear light yellow. Aroma is lightly malty (grain, husks), trace hops (flowers), with a note of DMS. Flavor is moderately sweet, lightly bitter. Finish is lightly sweet, lightly to moderately bitter, slightly unclean. Light to medium body, watery texture, lively/fizzy carbonation. Even Grolsch is better, which speaks volumes.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Hugerat99 (26) - USA - FEB 1, 2002
Bad, just bad. I’d rather have a beast. At least beast doesn’t try to be something it’s not.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
brianbray2199 (35) - USA - JAN 31, 2002
The girl drinking the Red Dog will think your cool, but no one else will.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Ringo (963) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - JAN 28, 2002
When I was in high school, I thought this was the best beer in the world. I’m not in high school anymore.

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
mutant (854) - Melbourne, AUSTRALIA - JAN 27, 2002
Unlike American macros, this had tast but the taste was downright offensive. Sour, horrible ’beer’ one of the worst I’ve had.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
omhper (19322) - Tyresö, SWEDEN - JAN 25, 2002
Golden coloured. Sweet, rather malty, extremely one dimensional. Not exactly my drink of choice, but I don’t mind drinking one if lacking better beers

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 9/20
cathcacr (634) - Oregon, USA - JAN 25, 2002
UPDATED: AUG 5, 2008 Updated rating summer ’08. I add a full point on for summer purposes. Actually, compared to American macros, you really can tell the difference. It’s light but it doesn’t have the plasticky corn intrusiveness. <P> Flimsy, flimsy, flimsy. Intercourse in a boat. Not much aroma, appearance, flavor or palate to speak of. Only hint of distinctiveness is some slightly sour tinge, the kind that’s an unwelcome characteristic of many Euro imports. (I’m wondering if this is even a genuine import.) I had a regular Sam Adams right after this and it blew this out of the water, so to speak. Wouldn’t pay money for this again.