overall
Brewed by Heineken Nederland
Style: Pale Lager
Zoeterwoude, Netherlands

RATINGS: 3703   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.09/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
100% Barley malt, choice hops and pure water give this brew unsurpassed clarity.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Supaflyfresh99 (97) - E.Williston, New York, USA - NOV 30, 2002
This is overrated yuppie beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Cartoonkhaki (1246) - Brantford, Ontario, CANADA - NOV 30, 2002
Kind of watery and bland. but it does have to stonge points . It like gatorade in beer flavour. I could dance all night long.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
LoveCaissa (873) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - NOV 28, 2002
Watery and bland. I have no idea how this lager has become so popular.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
fraternie (988) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 24, 2002
Possibly the most overrated beer in the world besides Corona. I can smell a skunk from across the room when someone is drinking one of these beers. Dry, bitter, bad aftertaste. A tolerable flavor attempts to save it but fails.

1.2
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
uhorpheus (215) - houston, Texas, USA - NOV 24, 2002
I hate this stuff. I don’t know why, a lot of other people think its great, but the bitterness is just overpowering. RERATE: I like it even less. Gets worse everytime I try it. Only people who want to have the cultured look drink this crap. No head, SKUNKY of course, and little or no flavor other than bitter. If it smells horrible, then it’s not going to taste good either.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
DaSilky1 (2606) - San Diego, California, USA - NOV 21, 2002
UPDATED: AUG 8, 2003 whatever..i used to drink it a lot and now i dont..funny how marketing controlled me until i became informed on what is good...lots of nasty sweetness and adjuncts and a 95% chance of being skunked..hmm..i love paying a lot of money for those things, you?

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
DrunkAsASkunk (847) - Lynnwood, Washington, USA - NOV 18, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 6, 2003 Its pretty much the best i think you can get at your local convenience store. Draught is much better, but the distinct taste left in your mouth after a good Heiny keeps me coming back. 11/18...ok, now that ive had a few dozen drafts and microbrews outside of convenience store land, its time to get away from the skunky carbonated stuff. Heiny"s are still a good clear bubbly to partake of at a bar, but no longer the staple in my fridge. RERATE 01/06/03: Ahhhhh how good it is to get away from macro land! Bad hops....metallic aftertaste...thank you ratebeer for showing me that other things exist out there!!!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
bighair (51) - Hamilton, Ohio, USA - NOV 17, 2002
UPDATED: APR 11, 2007 Heineken has helped me realize, above anything else, that tastes change over time. I used to despise this beer; now i quite like it. Funny how things work out.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Bronstein (175) - Göttingen, GERMANY - NOV 17, 2002
Must be the global hate beer no.1. ;) As a pilsener addict however I like it. Problems may result from many different brewing places. I usually like to know the brewery place. Nice spicy malt, nice and fresh mouth feel.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
glider (57) - Shrub Oak, New York, USA - NOV 17, 2002
The flavor I am so used to...been drinking these since 1974...tasted a lot better then. I read they cahnged the brewring process around 15 yrs ago. I get it for <$1/bottle (12 pk), but for the same $$ would prefer St Pauli. In the NLs, their homeland, non-export Heinies are much better than the bulk syuff they export