overall
Brewed by Heineken Nederland
Style: Pale Lager
Zoeterwoude, Netherlands

RATINGS: 3715   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.09/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
100% Barley malt, choice hops and pure water give this brew unsurpassed clarity.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
estoppel (1028) - Buffalo, New York, USA - JUL 23, 2002
RERATE: Managed to pick up an unskunked sixer. Sweet, with a somewhat bitter finish. Not quite so watery as your typical North American swill and its lack of adjunct off-flavors is a plus.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Under-age Drinker (96) - Colorado, USA - JUL 23, 2002
I am still struggling over the loss of Reptile, and I have only this beer to blame for my sorrow. Never again will I drink a Heineken, there is just to much risk involved...revenge will someday be mine...

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
SETANTA (582) - Bangor, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 23, 2002

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
Aesir (130) - Tustin, California, USA - JUL 22, 2002
Welp, for a cheap ’import’ as it is deemed in certain places around here. It’s not the worst. It’s got a decent bitter flavor. I’d take it over a Corona, or a regular domestic. But I wouldn’t take it over a delicious sandwich. Thank you and goodnight.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
JohnDo2000 (99) - Metairie, Louisiana, USA - JUL 22, 2002
I really don’t like the metallic taste that comes from this beer (and no, I’m not taking just a sample from a can). It’s decent and very drinkable, but not my favorite. A bit too thin and watery as well. Flavor is kind of distinctive, saving its otherwise bad impression on me.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
nstal (237) - Houston, Texas, USA - JUL 22, 2002
I lived in the virgin islands for a summer and you’d be amazed how many places I went where this was the best beer they offered. How sad is that? This stuff is an average lager at best, that benefits from a good marketing department.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
gws57 (1275) - Saint Charles, Illinois, USA - JUL 22, 2002
I wonder if it was just my sample, but I didn’t like this stuff at all. I’ll probably never buy it again. Slightly sour, with a bitter aftertaste.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
adamcbowman (57) - Bowling Green, Ohio, USA - JUL 22, 2002
Let go my Heinie. A pretty damn good import. Not skunky, rather smooth and quite a buy. But something does happen after more than one. I’d only drink one, then switch to another beer. Not too shabby though.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
GrainBeltGuzzler (249) - Goodhue, Minnesota, USA - JUL 21, 2002
Over-rated, not entirely bad though. Kind of a hoppy skunky thing going on.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
madsberg (11360) - Søborg, DENMARK - JUL 21, 2002
UPDATED: APR 13, 2003 Bottled: A little metalic and disgusting aroma. The flavour is matalic and sligthly chemical. Not my kind of beer.