Henry Weinhards Amber Light

(RETIRED)
overall

RATINGS: 17   MEAN: 2.46/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.54   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
A light beer with deep color and robust flavor. A highly drinkable amber ale brewed with Pacific Northwest Cascade Hops and a quality distinct to Henry's since 1858.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Sham (1845) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JUL 15, 2004
Amber with hints of ruby. Large off white head and some lacing. Caramel, some malts and citrus hops in the nose. Citrus and peppery hops dominate the flavors. Malts back this up with mostly caramel. There is a slight sweetness to it, but not much. The palate is thin and a little touch of spice to it. The finish is of caramel and citrus.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Murphy (1759) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - JUN 30, 2003
Let me first say that I did NOT pay for this beer. Fake malt backbone that tastes like cornbread. Supposedly cascade hops, but I know what that smells and tastes like, and they didn't use much if any. What a shame.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
drismyhero (815) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - AUG 25, 2003
What kind of crap is this? My roomate is short on funds so he bought the stuff, but I don't suggest buying in under any other circumstance. Watery malt mixed with that typical Macro taste - which shows where the brewery is going.$$$

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Tom Servo (424) - Arlington, Virginia, USA - JUN 2, 2005
Well, hopefully I consumed less calories by drinking this. Very light in everyway... flavor, aroma, and just the overall presense are pretty limited.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
AxeMaster221 (343) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JUN 15, 2003
This did have a light amber color and white head, but went downhill from there. Very bland, and far to watery for my taste, I wont bother with it again.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 9/20
weusebio (69) - Portland, Oregon, USA - SEP 3, 2003
Another Henry's beer which excels only in mediocrity. Nothing really worth noting except that I would never buy this beer, but i'd drink it if one was offered to me...not that that's saying much, but it isn't as horrible as some.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
smackie (54) - St. Augustine, Florida, USA - SEP 8, 2005
Caught a 12-pk on sale at WinCo for 6.78. Not my favorite by anymeans, though I prefer it over Henry’s Private. Where did the porter and blackberry wheat go? Very white soapy head. Nice amber color. Drinks just fine for what it is. I’d only buy it for this price while wanting to cut calories. By far better than any BMC offering.