overall

RATINGS: 101   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.59   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
A crisp and refreshing blonde lager celebrating the Pacific Northwest.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
kyzr (1153) - Belgrade, Montana, USA - NOV 5, 2003
Ok, not the greatest beer to come out of the Pacific Northwest, but not the worst. Color was of a gold with white head. Not a ton of aroma, but light fruit. Flavor of sweet malt with a touch hops on the finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Reid (1938) - Salem, Oregon, USA - NOV 1, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 11, 2008 The remaining Henry’s beer that I had yet to try and what better a time to taste a blonde lager than after some very hot and sweaty yard work ( yes we had a rain free day in Salem, Oregon, wonders never cease!) The beer poured very nice leaving a monsterous white fluffy head that even overwhelmed my glass for a second..it did shrink rapidlly but still lingered.The beer itself is a honey golden colour very attractive indeed. The aroma however is rather non-descript and average for style..there is some faint smell of lemon grass and some faint malts After having read the other reviews and had been expecting a pretty sub par beer..the taste was actually quite pleasant certainlly better than RedHook and Goose Island blondes I have tasted,,its actually quite creamy in consistency compared to most lagers and it does have some nice fresh hop bite at the end..nice. The mouthful though again is average not unpleasant. Very drinkable Blonde lager indeed..nice beer for the price.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
boatswains (6) - USA - OCT 18, 2003 does not count
I dont know what to tell ya about this one. There were so many things wrong with it. I drank two and the rest of the 6-pak sat in the fridge for weeks. I finnaly dumped them down the sink.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
xsketchyx (184) - Oregon, USA - OCT 5, 2003
A lot better than I would have thought, this stuff is actually drinkable. Crisp, there's even a hint of hops. Good for what it is, whatever that means.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
BosnSeaOtter (9) - Brentwood, California, USA - SEP 2, 2003 does not count
I was wondering why this was going for $4.99 American, until I cracked one. I found it at once weak and with a strong aftertaste. Not skunky, but it was almost like they were trying for that type of beer. I think that will be It for henry Weinhards for a while.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
leitrim65 (402) - Seattle, Washington, USA - AUG 16, 2003
Dark golden color and what I'd like to describe as a roasted like aroma. Somewhat unusual nose. A little acidity up front but overall a light bodied beer. This one is a minor notch above the traditional American lager (i.e. Bud, Miller, etc).

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
lunaticharness (183) - Torrance, California, USA - JUL 19, 2003
kind of a funky scent, normal looking beer, nice flavor for a lager, the palate was nice and sharp to keep me interested, nothing more that a pounding beer

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
BarePaw (148) - Pullman, Washington, USA - MAR 29, 2003
It was pretty bland at first, yet it still managed to leave a bad aftertaste. I wasn't impressed.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
3fourths (8216) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - JAN 11, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 3, 2007 [rerate needed] Slightly better than private reserve. Mild taste, quite bland. Probably the last Henry’s beer I’ll buy.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 9/20
GermanBrews76 (679) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - DEC 8, 2002
Unfortunately I really did NOT want to finish this beer after half way through. Smells like corn, looks like corn, tasted like a barley soda.