overall

RATINGS: 176   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.2   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
A light-bodied, aromatic, Irish-style specialty ale. Double-hopped with PAcific Northwest Cascade hops for the flavor and smoothness of a traditional ale without bitterness of heaviness.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
weebs (17) - USA - SEP 3, 2006
Not a pale ale like Sierra Nevadaís, but more like Rolling Rock. I actually prefer this to Rolling Rock. Itís very smooth, very drinkable, but lacking in overall flavor. Also leaves a bit of a dry aftertaste that isnít very pleasant. Still, itís a great thirst-quencher and a reasonably good deal considering itís average cost ($4.99/6)

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
Noobling87 (17) - Oregon, USA - MAR 31, 2008
When first starting with beer, this became my favorite. Now, I cannot stomache it. The term ískunkyí Iíve seen surely fits the smell. It makes you want to turn your head. Not much flavor here, but the extra carbonation hides that a bit. Itís a little hoppy, with the taste of corn. Not one Iíd ever buy again.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
actone (11) - USA - MAY 4, 2006
I found this beer to be a very good drinker. I enjoy kicking back and putting a few of these bad boys down. It is not a thick rich ale , it is thin but delivers a good taste and solid finish

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
BusterNutBrown (10) - Greeley, Colorado, USA - FEB 18, 2006
Pours very thin with a laced head. Smells like corn. Advertised as a PA this beer tastes like a watered down lager. At seven dollars a twelve pack, this beer is an easy way to impress anyone with out a palate and not break your budget. Oh Henry!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
deftrager99 (7) - Grantham, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 22, 2002 does not count
pretty good stuff but the private reserve is better and its cheap so eh whatever

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
RareBreedTM (7) - Hopkinsville, Kentucky, USA - MAY 23, 2009 does not count
Bottle - Not my favorite beer from the Henry Weinhardís collection. My friend got me started with Private Reserve, but my favorite has to be the Blonde. The Blue Boar to me has a bitter taste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
jacobs55 (7) - Spokane, Washington, USA - NOV 26, 2006 does not count
cant believe the negative commentary here - the blue boar is one of my all time favs. love the skunky smell - drinks smooth - been a henrys fan for 20 years. overall an awesome beer

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Katamar13 (4) - Oregon, USA - APR 9, 2012 does not count
Straw color, very "skunky" aroma, thin mouthfeel, little to no taste, easy to drink but pretty boring.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 4/20
twilightsensei (3) - anon, Utah, USA - MAY 10, 2004 does not count
It goes down smooth without any aftertaste. I put a lime wedge in mine. It is weak. I think the alcohol content is 4.61%. It is one of the cheapest beers at the liquor store here in the peopleís republic of utah. Would I get it again...not likely or only if I was desperate and on a budget.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
KillaBee (3) - USA - DEC 6, 2001 does not count
Best Macrobrew ever, at least the ones Iíve had, and plus it was on sale for six bucks for a twelve pack.