overall

RATINGS: 176   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.2   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
A light-bodied, aromatic, Irish-style specialty ale. Double-hopped with PAcific Northwest Cascade hops for the flavor and smoothness of a traditional ale without bitterness of heaviness.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Slick (1969) - Thief River Falls, Minnesota, USA - NOV 3, 2002
not bad was a little skeptical at first but it wasnt bad for a cheaper beer

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
DiamondD (38) - Sammamish, Washington, USA - OCT 25, 2003
This is a lager not a pale ale.I used to drink this as a quality alternative to budweiser in the early 90's. I really enjoyed it then and I really enjoyed it today. Even though I have haven't had it in 10 years. I've been drinking alot of micro-brews. I've had alot of high quality beers since then.Yet this one is still very quaffable. Moosehead and Heineken are very similar. Both lagers.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
fatguys (71) - Wisconsin, USA - MAR 20, 2005
I actually like this, and can get it for $8 a twelve pack. Small head. Dark yellow. Nice aroma of cascade hops. I think of this as the "beer drinker’s" lawnmower beer. A slightly sharp, crisp beer that’s perfect on a hot Nevada day. I could drink three or four of these in a row. Neat bottle.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
incutrav (577) - Woodbury, Minnesota, USA - APR 24, 2006
Im a big fan! Usually I dont care for the pale ales overally much, but this one had a little less bit and little more blue! I like other Weinhards out there, and this one kept up that tradition. It did remind me more of a pale lager then an irish ale, but then again, ive never had another irish ale, so who am i to say what its supposed to look like

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
riiv (3) - Woodbury, Minnesota, USA - SEP 2, 2012 does not count
This was in the top spot as my favorite american beer and was the best a pale ale could get. Strange how so much can change when the original company that made it disappears. Still, wish it were easier to find in the midwestern states.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
strictlydomed (34) - Vancouver, Washington, USA - MAR 29, 2002
A great beer form Henry Weinhards

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
KillaBee (3) - USA - DEC 6, 2001 does not count
Best Macrobrew ever, at least the ones I’ve had, and plus it was on sale for six bucks for a twelve pack.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
deftrager99 (7) - Grantham, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 22, 2002 does not count
pretty good stuff but the private reserve is better and its cheap so eh whatever

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
jimmydoug (32) - Operation Joint Forge, USA - JAN 6, 2003
OK, I"m a goober because I like it! It is one of the very best cheap beers out there. We keep a 12 pack in the fridge.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Powertrip (999) - Calgary, Alberta, CANADA - JUL 8, 2012
1 from a 6-pack purchased on 08/21/1996 from a Liqour Depot store in Calgary, AB. Tasting scribble notes are as follows: "This has a light bitter taste that isn’t harsh. Gold colour, tastes like cereal and pine cones. Smells like a typical ale." I purchased a 6-pack of this after a Calgary Stampeders CFL football game in which our team won 23-21!