overall
Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 97   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.51   EST. CALORIES: 146   ABV: 4.86%
A light-bodied, full-flavored unfiltered beer brewed in the tradition of European wheat beers. Wheat malt, the finest barley and Roasted Caramel malts are combined with Pacific Northwest Cascade hops and a touch of pure honey for a wheat beer with a smooth, crisp finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
pepsican (1419) - @ $13.99, Iowa, USA - MAR 27, 2008
Bottle thanks to riversideAK. Thanks! Pours a murky gold orange with a thick white head. Aroma is wheaty with some citrus. Flavor is snappy lemon and lime citrus, wheat, orange, and funk. Good carbonation. Not bad!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
riversideAK (5560) - Shoreline, Washington, USA - MAR 11, 2008
Orange amber color. Hazy with a thin head. Aroma of wheat malt and honey. Some cereal like grain too. Crisp wheat with a little residual honey sweetness. Very carbonated. A hint of cardboard. Somewhat lager like finish. Perhaps a hint of lemon.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Sam10 (37) - Olympia, Washington, USA - FEB 24, 2008
Not what I expected being a Hef. Pours out a tan color clear no haze. Doesn’t taste like a traditional Hef. But not a bad flavored beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
BuckeyeBoy (2455) - Boise, Idaho, USA - FEB 21, 2008
12oz bottle pours out hazy gold topped with a small white head. When I see on the bottle Hef. I was thinking hey it must be a hef. After I poured it out and there was no hef aroma. I say what O it is a wheat beer ok. So on this the aroma malt and grass. Tast more malt a touch of hops. Only 4 more to go and my mix pack will be done.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
spikester (602) - Salem, Oregon, USA - JAN 24, 2008
UPDATED: OCT 26, 2008 Cloudy gold-amber with a half inch of white head. Moderate lacings. Taste is tart citrus orange with some bitterness in the finish. Pretty good wheat beer. The price is right and this could be a good session brew at under 5% alcohol.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
leeburg (227) - Juneau, Alaska, USA - JAN 14, 2008
Got stuck in Seattle overnight, so I decided to battle the wind and rain and try to find a regional beer. Unfortunately nothing good is near the airport hotels. Weinhard doesn’t distribute to my neck of the woods, so I took a chance with the Hefeweizen. I could have mistaken this beer for MGD if it were a blind taste. I can drink cheap beer. I’m not a whiner. I just thought I was getting a Hefeweizen. The $6/6pk should have tipped me off.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
boFNjackson (4025) - Portland, Oregon, USA - DEC 10, 2007
Bottle... Poured cloudy pale yellowish with a thin head. Terrible rendition of the style. Just completely bland, too much just plain malt and watery and little honey sweetness. No dimension.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Wulfstan (509) - California, USA - SEP 21, 2007
UPDATED: NOV 8, 2007 Although basically good and certainly drinkable and pleasant, this is a fairly bland and boring beer. It has some good taste but it doesn’t have very much and the body and aroma are somewhat weak. Also, while somewhat tasty, it is not really like a hefeweizen.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Headbanger (3001) - Aurora, Illinois, USA - SEP 17, 2007
16oz draft 5/13/07(Sharp’s Roaster & Ale house known here as Sharps Roaster Hefe)-A cloudy yello body with a decent white head. Aroma of wheat and slight banana. Taste of nothing that resembles a hefe.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
zibglover (7) - USA - JUL 18, 2007 does not count
Not Henry’s best beer. I like the golden lager better. This one is my least favorite in the Hefeweizen class. A lemon wedge is a necessity.