overall
Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 98   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.51   EST. CALORIES: 146   ABV: 4.86%
A light-bodied, full-flavored unfiltered beer brewed in the tradition of European wheat beers. Wheat malt, the finest barley and Roasted Caramel malts are combined with Pacific Northwest Cascade hops and a touch of pure honey for a wheat beer with a smooth, crisp finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Savvy1982 (1705) - Lethbridge, Alberta, CANADA - SEP 5, 2010
Bottle, brought back from Washington for me by my friend Rachel. I had no idea this was brewed by Full Sail, which strikes me as a bit odd, as I can actually remember the Weinhard’s line being sold in Canada back about 12-15 years ago. Opened this one due to the forum post on Hefes. Pours cloudy orange, with a thick, though not very persistent white head, looks very Hefe-ish. Nose is simple, tart citrus and sour malt, kinda reminds me of sourdough bread a bit, I find Cascade hops an interesting choice for a Hefe, but there’s no trace of them here, nor are there any honey notes in evidence. There is an odd green-olive note here, which I tried to dismiss, but as this warms has become unmistakable, and is starting to distract me from the rest of the beer. Flavours are citrussy, and some hop bitterness shows through in the mid-palate, as well as a generic "yeasty" character, but non of the banana-clove notes that I would normally associate with a Hefe. Finish is mildly spicy, and I suppose this is refreshing, and dry enough (at least its not an over-sweet mess like Blue Moon, or any of that rot), but very middle of the road and pedestrian. Would not purchase again, there are far too many excellent wheat ales on the market for reasonable prices that I would have to pass over, in order to purchase this one again. Forgettable.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
brenn79 (1580) - Idaho, USA - JAN 29, 2010
12 oz. bottle- Pours cloudy golden with a great head, aroma is yeast and very pleasant. The flavor is a decent American Hefe, better than expected.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Beardface (1517) - Eugene, Oregon, USA - JUN 22, 2009
The only hefe I’ve had that’s even worse than Widmer. One Valentine’s Day I drank this beer and it made me immediately throw up. Of course I blame this beer and not the rather large number of shots I had earlier that night!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
ditmier (1508) - Boise, Idaho, USA - FEB 28, 2009
2009 Bottle - Pours a murky tan with a medium sized white head...aroma is grainy malt, and some lager skunk characteristic of all HW beers...flavour is light bitters on the front, and finishes with a bold, unfiltered wheat grainy pop...I know this isn’t going to blow anyone away, but for the money, I think it’s a decent alternative, and a decent beer...

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
igneous1 (1505) - Davenport, Iowa, USA - NOV 20, 2004
hmmm...at least it’s not skunked. color is slightly hazy, medium golden, head is white and puffy. aroma has yeasty notes, and hints of banana, unfortunately no spiciness. flavor is dull, uninteresting with some wheat character in the finish.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
ghawener (1472) - San Salvador, EL SALVADOR - APR 11, 2009
Bottle: Thanks to rcasta. Drank in Coatepeque. Light with little heffe. Refreshing, More hoppy than malty.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
pepsican (1452) - @ $13.99, Iowa, USA - MAR 27, 2008
Bottle thanks to riversideAK. Thanks! Pours a murky gold orange with a thick white head. Aroma is wheaty with some citrus. Flavor is snappy lemon and lime citrus, wheat, orange, and funk. Good carbonation. Not bad!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
mrkimchee (1414) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 19, 2003
hazy deep gold, white head. faint lemon and yeasty aroma. honey malt and lemon zest flavour but a little thin and dies out wat too quickly.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
CheersMate (1312) - Fremont (Seattle), Washington, USA - NOV 19, 2010
12 oz. bottle from a 6-pack from the local Safeway. Not a horrible beer. Hazy orange body with a fluffy head. I think it looks great. Lots of wheat, orange, and a little bit of cream comes through as well. Quite pungent fro a "cheap" beer. Texture is a bit thin, but it’s not horrible, relatively speaking. Flavor is sweet with a bit of orange, and again, a little cream. Not very a very interesting flavor. Hops and honey don’t seem to exist here. It’s very meh, and middle of the road.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
19Ei8hty (1171) - Washington, USA - APR 4, 2006
UPDATED: DEC 20, 2006 Wheat beers are among my favorite so I am extremly critical of mass-brewed attempts. This one is ok, nothing special. Looks nice in the glass, not a great aroma. Citrusy, kind of sweet - interesting mix of flavors.