overall
Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 97   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.51   EST. CALORIES: 146   ABV: 4.86%
A light-bodied, full-flavored unfiltered beer brewed in the tradition of European wheat beers. Wheat malt, the finest barley and Roasted Caramel malts are combined with Pacific Northwest Cascade hops and a touch of pure honey for a wheat beer with a smooth, crisp finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
dwedin (249) - Happy Valley, Oregon, USA - MAR 12, 2007
Cloudy light orange, disappearing head. Lemon citrus, sweetness, and earthy aromas. Bland tangy, sour flavor with a watery finish. Do the Full Sail brewers like this?

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
spikester (604) - Salem, Oregon, USA - JAN 24, 2008
UPDATED: OCT 26, 2008 Cloudy gold-amber with a half inch of white head. Moderate lacings. Taste is tart citrus orange with some bitterness in the finish. Pretty good wheat beer. The price is right and this could be a good session brew at under 5% alcohol.

BuckeyeBoy (2725) - Boise, Idaho, USA - FEB 21, 2008
12oz bottle pours out hazy gold topped with a small white head. When I see on the bottle Hef. I was thinking hey it must be a hef. After I poured it out and there was no hef aroma. I say what O it is a wheat beer ok. So on this the aroma malt and grass. Tast more malt a touch of hops. Only 4 more to go and my mix pack will be done.

riversideAK (5625) - Shoreline, Washington, USA - MAR 11, 2008
Orange amber color. Hazy with a thin head. Aroma of wheat malt and honey. Some cereal like grain too. Crisp wheat with a little residual honey sweetness. Very carbonated. A hint of cardboard. Somewhat lager like finish. Perhaps a hint of lemon.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Angeloregon (2055) - Portland, Oregon, USA - AUG 31, 2008
Ewww! Bottle from Fred Meyer in Portland, OR--Poured a dull hazy golden-amber body with a dying white head. Sticky artificial honey nose with dumb wheatiness and drab grains. No phenolic attitude of a Bavarian hefe and less hop bite than say Widmer or Pyramid. A waste of wheat, basically.

Savvy1982 (1705) - Lethbridge, Alberta, CANADA - SEP 5, 2010
Bottle, brought back from Washington for me by my friend Rachel. I had no idea this was brewed by Full Sail, which strikes me as a bit odd, as I can actually remember the Weinhard’s line being sold in Canada back about 12-15 years ago. Opened this one due to the forum post on Hefes. Pours cloudy orange, with a thick, though not very persistent white head, looks very Hefe-ish. Nose is simple, tart citrus and sour malt, kinda reminds me of sourdough bread a bit, I find Cascade hops an interesting choice for a Hefe, but there’s no trace of them here, nor are there any honey notes in evidence. There is an odd green-olive note here, which I tried to dismiss, but as this warms has become unmistakable, and is starting to distract me from the rest of the beer. Flavours are citrussy, and some hop bitterness shows through in the mid-palate, as well as a generic "yeasty" character, but non of the banana-clove notes that I would normally associate with a Hefe. Finish is mildly spicy, and I suppose this is refreshing, and dry enough (at least its not an over-sweet mess like Blue Moon, or any of that rot), but very middle of the road and pedestrian. Would not purchase again, there are far too many excellent wheat ales on the market for reasonable prices that I would have to pass over, in order to purchase this one again. Forgettable.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Tom Servo (424) - Arlington, Virginia, USA - APR 7, 2002
Something’s rotten in Denmark. My usually solid Weinhards seems to have tried to hard to please everyone. While I’m not the biggest Hfeweizen fan, this is definitely not the best I’ve had. Take a look at Widmer’s Hefeweizen.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
presario (4631) - Stampede City, Alberta, CANADA - AUG 13, 2003
Slightly cloudy darker orange-yellow with a lasting light white head. Very light aroma. Sweet scent but hard to catch. Very light flavour. Very slight honey and yeast flavours. A lite dustiness in the palate which is too light. Not much in the way of hops, spice or character.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 9/20
bhensonb (11095) - Woodland, California, USA - JUN 5, 2007
Nose of wheat and banana. Hazy apricot color with a frothy white head. Medium bodied. Starts with citrus, a bit of wheat and yeast. Not finding hop, and the banana seems to have disappeared for the most part. Moderate carbonation. There are many better hefes, but as a strictly drinkable ale, this is not bad at all. After a long wait some bitter may try to surface through the citrus. Not sure about that.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
zibglover (7) - USA - JUL 18, 2007 does not count
Not Henry’s best beer. I like the golden lager better. This one is my least favorite in the Hefeweizen class. A lemon wedge is a necessity.