overall

RATINGS: 356   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.49   IBU: 15   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
An American Pale Lager, Henry Weinhard’s Private Reserve blends Henry’s German heritage with the natural ingredients of the Pacific Northwest. If you want to impress your friends, you can say it’s brewed with 100% Cascade hops specially grown in Oregon. But all you really need to know is that it’s crisp, clean and one helluva beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Jayson2425 (167) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - MAY 10, 2004
Good tasting american beer. Had the opportunity to drink this with my roomate at a slug bar.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
OD40oz (773) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - MAY 4, 2004
Clean, crisp taste. I was really impressed by this beer. I would buy it again. My roommate and I tried it at a bar that was supposed to have over 100 beers but unfortunately they call zima, mike's hard bitch-ade and other drinks my girlfriend would drink beers. Plus the real beers they had I have already tasted.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Sham (1845) - Seattle, Washington, USA - APR 1, 2004
Gold pour small whitish head, little lacing. Light aromas of malt and hops. Flavor much the same. Nothing very extraordinary about this one.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
jk11183 (2) - USA - MAR 26, 2004 does not count
Sorry to let anyone down but even though the bottle may look nice and the pour may look nice, the beer doesnt quite do it for me.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
kbjames (244) - Utah, USA - MAR 18, 2004
Not really much happening with this brew. Not much taste or flavor. Make sure to drink cold.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
HopasaurusRex (195) - Glen Ellyn, Illinois, USA - FEB 25, 2004
This was our college beer and really pretty good compared to most macrobrews. Unfortunately, its not brewed at the old Portland brewery, so its not some of its sentimentality. I imagine 20 or more years ago, this was considered "premium" beer, but nowadays it just comes across as another pale american lager.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
willblake (2647) - Bel Air, Maryland, USA - JAN 14, 2004
I don't know exactly what Miller means when they say this has "real flavor of beer." If that means it doesn't taste like Miller Genuine Draft, then they are right on the money. To consider this in the same breath with BMC standards would be a shame, it is much more enjoyable. Still, the yellowish gold color, sparse, sudsy head, and thin veneer of malt on the nose and flavor does not make this quite a classic. For the very cheap price, generally less than Bud or Coors, it is quite a buy. This is based on a 2003 tasting, I seem to remember it tasting better 4-5 years ago, but I might be hallucinating. At any rate, it can be crisp and refreshing, kind of like iceberg lettuce.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Reid (1860) - Salem,Oregon, Oregon, USA - NOV 1, 2003
Ok bought in the typical Weinhards shaped brown bottle..nice label with the crest. OK this beer actually looked quite good when poured..nice firm gold colour with a nice sized head that stayed a while..very good carbonation strings.. The aroma however is average very faint malts and even fainter hops but its pleasant enough. For a regional lager this is actually quite enjoyable..it is on the sweet side but for me its not too much..no hops to speak of just malts. Very nice on the tongue excellent drinkability..i could drink a 6 of these in a couple of hours easy. I know a lot of folks in the West turn their noses up at Henry's but for the money we pay Weinhard's make good drinkable beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
xsketchyx (184) - Oregon, USA - OCT 24, 2003
Watered down slightly-better than typical American standard. Kicks the crap out of Budweiser, but not any good compared to anything decent. I prefer to have more beer with my fizz.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
vw86ggti (14) - Puyallup, Washington, USA - OCT 13, 2003
I thought this beer used to be good. Pours little to no head. Very light in color. Bubbles are non-existent. If you happen to do get a head out of this beer, it is gone in seconds. Very bland in taste. Definetly a good beer with a BBQ. I would definetly reccommend this as a poseur brew for those that want to look like they are drinking good beer.