overall

RATINGS: 362   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.49/5   IBU: 15   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
An American Pale Lager, Henry Weinhardís Private Reserve blends Henryís German heritage with the natural ingredients of the Pacific Northwest. If you want to impress your friends, you can say itís brewed with 100% Cascade hops specially grown in Oregon. But all you really need to know is that itís crisp, clean and one helluva beer.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
celogan (204) - Oroville, California, USA - JUN 20, 2004
Well I was surprised that this wasnít all that bad. I hadnít had this since I was a kid (we wont say how long ago THAT was) but I thought it was pretty decent. I like it better that MGD or any of that crap; thatís for sure. Maybe I just got some really fresh stuff. Had it from a bottle so I couldnít rate it other that flavor and palate. It had adaquate carbonation and flavor was so slightly sweet with a clean finish. Iíd drink this again in a second before any other B-M-C garbage. And for 7.50 a 12 pack at FoodMaxx, for a cheap Pilsner (yeah sometimes you just want a pilsner) It is worth the price.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
beerinmarch (2830) - Washington, USA - JUN 10, 2004
UPDATED: JUN 11, 2004 Well, ive taken myself to a new low, this shit sucks. Anyway to rate this brew i would say it has a fairly wheaty and light malty aroma. Beer pours with a golden color with a white head that leaves moderate lacing. Taste is pretty boring, light taste but not much else to it, mainly watery tasting. Tastes like an ok macro, pretty much what it is.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Alcoholist (570) - Peoria, Illinois, USA - JUN 9, 2004
Clear golden colour with a midsized white head. Nose is malty, flavour is sweet with a dry finish. A basic lager.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
IPFreely (1470) - Sanborn, New York, USA - JUN 6, 2004
Pale gold, fizzy white head. Light malts, fairly sweet. Light, watery body. Decent for a Miller brew.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
oasis27 (4) - Oregon, USA - JUN 5, 2004 does not count
A nice local beer for me, has a strong taste for its low price, a good alternative to bud and miller, as the person below put it, nostalgia from my family drinking it makes this a biased opinion

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
SledgeJr (3577) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - JUN 1, 2004
UPDATED: SEP 11, 2004 I first had this lager while visiting the University of Oregon health sciences center a dozen years ago. The B&B where I stayed had an open fridge stocked with this brew for the guests. Beats the hell out of fresh baked cookies. Pours golden with a white head. Much more substance here than the mainstream Miller attempts, but nostalgia makes me want to say that it was better in the old days.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Jayson2425 (167) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - MAY 10, 2004
Good tasting american beer. Had the opportunity to drink this with my roomate at a slug bar.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
OD40oz (774) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - MAY 4, 2004
Clean, crisp taste. I was really impressed by this beer. I would buy it again. My roommate and I tried it at a bar that was supposed to have over 100 beers but unfortunately they call zima, mike's hard bitch-ade and other drinks my girlfriend would drink beers. Plus the real beers they had I have already tasted.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Sham (1845) - Seattle, Washington, USA - APR 1, 2004
Gold pour small whitish head, little lacing. Light aromas of malt and hops. Flavor much the same. Nothing very extraordinary about this one.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
jk11183 (2) - USA - MAR 26, 2004 does not count
Sorry to let anyone down but even though the bottle may look nice and the pour may look nice, the beer doesnt quite do it for me.