overall

RATINGS: 356   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.49   IBU: 15   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
An American Pale Lager, Henry Weinhard’s Private Reserve blends Henry’s German heritage with the natural ingredients of the Pacific Northwest. If you want to impress your friends, you can say it’s brewed with 100% Cascade hops specially grown in Oregon. But all you really need to know is that it’s crisp, clean and one helluva beer.

craybigkid99 (27) - Oregon, USA - MAR 5, 2002
This is my favorite beer...it tastes great, isn’t too complicated and not too expensive. Also, has a similar flavor to PBR, so if you start off with six or so of Henry’s, you won’t notice too much when you have to break into the cheap brew.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
kamish (93) - Monroe, Washington, USA - JUL 7, 2006
my absolute favorite right now. i love henry’s. they have such a variaty. i just tried the summer ale. it’s also good. even their pale ale is great. but this beer tops them all. perfect.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
RobPut (1) - RIVERSIDE, California, USA - SEP 16, 2007 does not count
I have sampled beers over the years and keep coming back to"Hanks". Whenever I see this beer on the shelf, I buy it. Very hard to come by outside of the Pacific Northwest. I am looking forward to (and for) my next one. Staer Bros used to carry this but discontinued it (DAMN THEM).

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
wildbillvms (41) - , Illinois, USA - DEC 29, 2012
I’m rating this on the Henry Weinhard’s of 2012 - I used to drink this in 1982 in California... But can’t really remember the taste of it then... But today it is a very good tasting beer / lager.... It’s a beer made for drinking in mass quantities so the price needs to be reduced , or the alcohol content increased? The taste is of a mild ale = Excellent! No after taste...

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
OD40oz (773) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - MAY 4, 2004
Clean, crisp taste. I was really impressed by this beer. I would buy it again. My roommate and I tried it at a bar that was supposed to have over 100 beers but unfortunately they call zima, mike's hard bitch-ade and other drinks my girlfriend would drink beers. Plus the real beers they had I have already tasted.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Powertrip (999) - Calgary, Alberta, CANADA - JUL 2, 2010
I was young at the time, maybe 19-22 in age, but I do know that this was my favorite beer when I wasn’t dabbling in tasting. While my buddies would get their case of Molson Canadian Ice or Pilsner....I would be getting a couple of 6-bottlers of Weinhard’s Private Reserve. Of course those were the days when it was available in Canada. I remember that this beer was so smooth yet flavourful, but never left that terrible skunky finish taste that so many low-grade beers did. I recall soft caramel throughout but never getting over-sweet. Clear distinct beer flavour, as its know for, was always abundant and low carbonation made it easy to drink several in a row, which was appealing to me at that age. I remember it would be mid-week in college and I would get excited when I thought about the coming weekend and a chance to relax with a fresh lot of Private Reserve ready to go.....brings back great memories and puts a smile on my face. The funniest part is, I never took any tasting notes for this beer. I ask myself why, and perhaps the reason was that I felt it didn’t need any. I simply just remembered its charm and I drank it so often. Here’s to Weinhard’s Private Reserve.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
ronaldtheriot (1199) - Laplace, Louisiana, USA - JUL 4, 2010
This is an excellent beer, and I was very happy to have found it while driving through Minnesota (it is not available in Louisiana). It has a thick, creamy, off-white head, and a clear, golden appearance. Aroma is of barley and hops, and it the smell is sharp. Carbonation is quite high. The taste is excellent, with good hop balance and a deep beer flavor. It finishes crisp and the mouth-feel is light and watery. I only wish I could buy this on a regular basis.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
tallpaullbc (7) - USA - AUG 11, 2005 does not count
This is by far the best "beer in the fridge" beer. It’s light, but has a very distinct and admirable taste. I would recommend this beer over any of the other "fridge" beers (i.e., MGD, Bud, Coors, et al). It is guaranteed to have your friends asking, "What kind of beer is this?" You’ll smile when you say "Henry Weinhard"!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Cybercat (3227) - Georgia, USA - JUN 30, 2011
Pours a pretty clear golden color with not much white head, but the glass had been sitting out for a little while. Rich aroma is mainly fruity - pear and apple - with some malt and a hint of hay. Malty, fruity, slightly sweet flavor has a hoppy hint and is quite enjoyable. Texture is smooth and quite fizzy.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Leighton (10542) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - SEP 20, 2012
Bottle in NYC. Pours clear, bright gold with a weak, white foam head. Lightly toasted pale malts in the nose, some faint straw and cereal. Light sweet flavor, all pale malts, biscuits, cereal, light citrus notes, light bitter straw. Light bodied with average, creamy carbonation. Crisp and clean on the finish, some cereal, subtle grass and citrus, more biscuits and hay. Quite an outstanding pale lager. Very drinkable, nicely balanced.