Hidden Legend Spiced Mead

RATINGS: 3   MEAN: 3.5/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3   EST. CALORIES: 375   ABV: 12.5%
A subtly-spiced variation of our Dark Mead, this traditional mead is as versatile as it is flavorful. Our winemaker created it as a holiday treat, but wine lovers find it perfect for summer picnics and everyday delight. Serve it solo at room temperature, heated with cinnamon, or over ice with a sprig of mint.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
AmEricanbrew (6171) - Same Trailer, Different Park, Louisiana, USA - DEC 13, 2014
2010 bottle from the cellar. Clear dark amber color with no head. Nice fruity, sweet spice, herbal aromas. Medium bodied. Fruity, allspice flavors with light to medium sweet honey___alcohol is well cloaked----tasty holiday drink.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
brenn79 (1627) - Idaho, USA - JUN 6, 2012
750 ml. bottle- Pours a clear ruby red with obviously no head. The aroma is honey up front, spices are there too, very appealing. The taste is honey with spices added, cinnamon and nutmeg are there, very straightforward and pretty good. I personally prefer the pure honey, adding spices is interesting, but give me the original any day, or the maple mead, that was really good too.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Beerona97 (2397) - Washington, USA - DEC 28, 2011
I’ve only had a few meads so I’m not quite sure how this compares, but I was expecting a much sweeter drink. The honey taste is nice and smooth, the alcohol is noticeable but not overwhelming, the spices do not dominate. It’s a clear copper pour as I expect most meads are. I got this for Christmas and was pleased, not that I see myself going out and buying it regularly though. Sort of bitter on the finish in a funky way. I heated a little bit in the microwave and the texture was more syrupy and the drink seemed sweeter.