overall

RATINGS: 342   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.55   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Our ever-changing spiced winter seasonal. A tasty brew that complements all your holiday festivities. It is typically malty in body, lightly hopped, and rounded out with spices that we vary from year to year.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Thaichile (599) - 10aFly, New Jersey, USA - DEC 15, 2005
Bottle. Thanks to my Secret Santa. Pours a deep red with hardly any head. Scents of spice on the nose. Delicious spiced fruit cake with some marshmellows and vanilla flavoring. Maybe my favorite winter to this point.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
demmbonz (593) - Erin, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 23, 2012
Clear copper color. Spicy aroma and flavor. Very sweet and malty with a moderately spicy backbone.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
rayg1 (567) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - DEC 2, 2007
Pours out a deep drark red with a a huge tan head. Aroma is sweet as can be with caramel and spice. Taste is interesting, heavy on the vanilla and cinnamon as well as nutmeg. Good lord this is sweet and spicy!!! I have to say up front that I’m not a big fan of hugely sweet beers. For this reason, I can’t rate this beer very high, however I must say that this beer would be much better if I had split the bottle with two or three people instead of trying to drink it myself. Too much sweetness is sometimes not a very good thing.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
jlruthven (562) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 19, 2007
I really enjoyed this. From a bomber, pours a deep reddish-mahogany, with half-inch off white head that gradually disspates into a ring of foam. Nose is nutmeg and pine, with some light caramel malts coming through. Taste is very spicy...I detect a touch of almond, and a hint of spiced cider. Good offering from Highland.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Lothore (556) - California, USA - APR 26, 2008
A- Pours a deep orangey brown hue with a thin, coffee head which adorns this beer all the way down. S- Smell is faint sweet malts, hard to detect much else. T- Taste is very sweet, malty with christmas spices and a hop backbone. M- A bit thin and very carbonated. D- Very easy to drink. Not what I think of when I think winter warmer but delicious none the less.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
bikesandbeers (547) - san diego, California, USA - FEB 9, 2008
sampled at the San Diego Strong Ale Festival Nov 2008, an event shared with what seemed liked hundreds of ratebeerians and enjoyed mostly through a straw, since my face was a bloody mess of scabs and stitches. this came from the RB table full of bottles. I think BBB63 may have brought this one, but I’m not sure. the day was starting to get hazy at this point, and for some reason this bottle was going basicly untouched. The nose was very heavy on the cimamon, which i guess was a turn off for many. it was very malty with tons of vanilla and cimanom, it also had a slightly grainy texture, probably form the massive amount of malt in this. i thought it was great. like cinmon toast crunch. hopefully you like breakfest ceral for beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
elmatador00 (519) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - DEC 5, 2007
Pours a reddish brown with a tan head. Has hints of caramel, spices, nuts, vanilla, and some dark fruit. Finishes light and clean on the palate.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
beerme31 (514) - Holly Springs, North Carolina, USA - JAN 21, 2011
UPDATED: JAN 4, 2012 Bottle. Aroma of herbs, vanilla, and spices. Pours amber/copper with tan head. Exceptionally well balanced flavor of hops and sweetness. Relatively soft carbonation, smooth and refreshing finish. Overall I really like this one. Highland is a good brewery and this is one of my favorites from them along with their black mocha stout. 2011 - this years version had less vanilla and more subtle fruit notes.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
BeerdedDave (513) - - JAN 20, 2014
on tap; red color; sweet malt, caramel, and cinnamon aroma; medium-bodied; caramel malt with spice notes of cinnamon and nutmeg; very smooth and easy drinking

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
UNCCTF (495) - Cary, North Carolina, USA - NOV 29, 2004
On tap at the Flying Saucer in Charlotte. Wow, Highland just never ceases to amaze. Deep brown with a medium off-white head that retained throughout. Flavor was mildly hoppy with not as much spice as I’d anticipated, but a lot of cherry flavor that made this one very interesting. I’ve now collected the whole set from Highland, and they’ve all been great. Bravo.