overall

RATINGS: 361   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.54/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Our ever-changing spiced winter seasonal. A tasty brew that complements all your holiday festivities. It is typically malty in body, lightly hopped, and rounded out with spices that we vary from year to year.

Lindsey0110 (1) - - NOV 28, 2012 does not count
Great winter spice flavor. My favorite of the season. Had it on Draft. Definitely top ten of winter 2012

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
xyzbeverage (1) - Greensboro, North Carolina, USA - NOV 15, 2011 does not count
Incredible Ale! I have had the opportunity to try every release of this beer, and I believe this to be the best-of-the-best!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
budweiserblows (35) - Asheville, North Carolina, USA - DEC 5, 2005
Best seasonal ale Iíve ever tasted. The only reason I canít give this beer a perfect score is that at first glance/sniff, it doesnít immediately reveal itself as the incredible beer it is.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
bikerunbeerman (8) - Grinch Mountain, North Carolina, USA - NOV 18, 2007 does not count
Draft at OíMalleyís in Sylva, NC. Dark cooper color with sweet, light brown head. Outstanding winter brew! Smooth and delicious blend of spices. Cinnamon, vanilla, maybe a bit of chocolate? This is a great wintertime beverage. Better get some soon...it sold out fast last year...we had to hunt all over Western North Carolina last year starting in December. Iíve already started to stock up. If you like winter ales, you will not be disappointed with a cold, Cold Mountain!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
andylikesbeer (3) - - NOV 26, 2015 does not count
2015 vintage on tap at Tupelo Honey 10 oz pour into a thistle glass with no head space, so good thing Cold Mountain only had about 1/3 finger head. The aroma was instantly rewarding, a little bit floral adn a number of other things I couldnít put my finger on at the time, I was intrigued to pin down what I was smelling. The flavors were incredible, still a little floral with clear spice, but still i was having trouble pinpointing them, and a little fruitiness. Complex for sure, balanced intricately in terms of subtlety, At the time I thoguht the fruitiness might be something in the direction of blueberry and later that evening I thought the floweriness was like lavender and the spices included very tiny mild bits of sage and thyme. I read the label after immediately buying a bottle and it says hazelnut, cranberry, raspberry, cinnamon and licorice. Of that what I tasted was raspberry and cinnamon. I bet the yeast created some other spice flavors because it seemed more complex than the ingredients belied.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Rskillz (4) - , Georgia, USA - SEP 26, 2008 does not count
Probably my favorite seasonal I’ve ever drank. Reddish inviting color with a nice tan top. Tastes of cinnamon and spices. Extremely smooth going down. Can’t wait until winter to drink it in context. Great beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
rangerred (989) - Johnson City, Tennessee, USA - NOV 17, 2011
22oz bomber into a pint glass. Pours a clear dark reddish brown with just a tiny tan head. Smells of caramel, malt and spice. Some cinnamon and orange. No detectable hop aroma. The taste is much like the smell although caramel and toffee come through quite strong. There is also an orange flavor that fades to an assertive hop bitterness although it is not too severe. Overall this is an excellent beer and one of the best examples of the style that I have had. While I do feel it could use a little more alcohol to add warmth, the body does not suffer due to it only being 5.8%. I will definitely seek this beer out again.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
wnewberr (100) - Huntersville, North Carolina, USA - OCT 8, 2012
Caramel and vanilla aroma. Vanilla flavor. Great clarity but head disappears quickly. Full palate but not a big fan of the oaklike aftertaste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
sdobson (3) - USA - DEC 8, 2005 does not count
The perfect winter/christmas beer. In my opinion the best beer made in North Carolina. I enjoyed this beer on tap better than the bottle. Hint of ginger bread with nutmeg and mulling spice.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
IAmTheBeerKing (14) - Cherokee, North Carolina, USA - DEC 22, 2011
Great winter Ale - this is what Christmas is all about, you can taste the cinnamon on your tongue after you swallow. Good stuff! Likes - the winter spice Dislikes - none Enjoy-ability - 9.5 out of 10