Highland Shining Rock Lager
     click to upload
overall
Serve in Dimpled mug, Stein

RATINGS: 44   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.21   SEASONAL: Spring   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
This “shining example” of our spring seasonal has a complex malty body enhanced with traditional spicy noble hops. This Bock is a medium body lager with a smooth, crisp finish. A creamy head tops this fine Bock with the usual Highland twist on style.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
gottalottaibu (243) - charlotte, North Carolina, USA - MAY 11, 2008
draft. golden amber with a medium frothy head. sweet malty aroma. falvor was malty, nutty and a hint of bitter. nicely carbonated .

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Dangle (31) - Cullowhee, North Carolina, USA - MAY 13, 2008
Red color, White head. Leaves a nice lacing on the glass. Smooth taste with a creamy feel that dose the taste buds right. Woody taste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Riccardi50 (18) - Montreat, North Carolina, USA - MAY 26, 2008
UPDATED: AUG 11, 2008 Tap @ Barley’s Taproom - This beer was a complete surprise to me. When I ordered it I was thinking of a traditional spring lager but when it arrived it was a dark red in color and looked like an ale. It was VERY tastey. Wonderful caramel malts with a slight hop finish. I would have thought this would of been a fall beer but I’m glad it came out now. I’ve ordered it 4 times at Barley’s and love it everytime I get it.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
bikerunbeerman (8) - Grinch Mountain, North Carolina, USA - MAY 7, 2008 does not count
Very nice spring seasonal. Was not expecting much when I saw "Lager". But this is a very tasty Heller Bock. Nice creamy white head. Spicy, slightly nutty with just right hop flavor. This is a great spring, cool weather treat from one of the best breweries in the south.