overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Hoegaarden (InBev)
Style: Belgian White (Witbier)
Hoegaarden, Belgium
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 3606   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Unfiltered Belgian White, flavored with coriander and orange peel, creating a sweet & sour taste.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
BigBilly (127) - London W3 6PF, ENGLAND - MAR 31, 2004
33cl brown bottle.First aroma is home-made ginger beer then citrus & coriander. Good white head.I don't know if it lasts cos I always knock straight back as its a great thirst quenchet.Cloudy pale gold.Medicinal flavour at first then like the aroma the coriander, citrus & ginger remain. Sold on tap in yuppee London pubs where its outrageously expensive.A great lunchtime tipple with or without the lemon

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Froggy10 (3) - USA - MAR 30, 2004 does not count
UPDATED: APR 1, 2004 Whenever I see this on tap (which isn't often), it's the one I'll grab. So unique. Appearance is cloudy bright yellow. Head is a rich white and decent thickness. Carbonation is good. Aroma is of crisp citrus + Chimay like at first (i.e. medicinal / licorice). Citrus stands out over any spices (clove / coriander?). Flavor is mildly spicy and citrusy. Adding a wedge of lemon really works here. Mouth feel is nice, smooth, and tingly. I'm not getting the hint of yeast others describe, but I definitely sense the wheat. Finish is fresh and clean. No bitterness. Some tartness in the aftertaste, but very mild. Yep, I like it big bunches. Overall, this is one of my favorites and a real winner. I think it's because of this beer's refreshing nature and unique cloudy yellow appearance.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Mehmet22 (35) - Pottstown, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 27, 2004
UPDATED: DEC 6, 2006 Nice frothy 2" white head. Pale yellow cloudy appearance. Certainly light fresh and floral nose with a hint of boiled Suidae (No kidding). Maybe apple and some spruce(citrus). Powdery gum-like mouthfeel quite enjoyable.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
xsketchyx (184) - Oregon, USA - MAR 24, 2004
UPDATED: MAR 25, 2004 My first white, lots of apple in the flavor, nice and refreshing, if not a little on the simple side.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
alfredo (3) - Kentucky, USA - MAR 24, 2004 does not count
Nice white, long lasting head. looks like the honey wines from Ethiopia, and tastes like some of the native beers I have experienced in Africa. It shares the fruit flavor of honey wines. It is very smooth, and unlike other beers, doesn't mess up my stomach. I have an ulcer from anti arthritis medicine. Most beers hurt my stomach, this one doesn't. I recommend it not just for the aroma, Appearance flavor, and Palate. I recommend it because it doesn't hurt my tender stomach.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Crockett (1007) - Southampton,Ontario, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 23, 2004
I'm all mixed up in this review. She's pretty popular, but she's a tramp. Hazy sick straw yellow. Small bead, sticky carb. Nose is very mild of apples, yeast and some citric. The palate is as it should be for the style but really, really, really weak. Everything about this beer is washed out. The flavours have some bubblegum, soap, coriander, and a surprising amount of yeastiness. I had to look for residuals but hey. It looks like a genuine well crafted beer. It's pretty good for a macro. But you can't fool everyone. I'm upset to say, but it's quite a bit better than average. I also used to hate it. Cheers. Nice work.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
trmackenzie (1) - USA - MAR 23, 2004 does not count
A really delightful beer, though one that doesn't mix well with others without some serious palette cleansing in between.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Eructoblaster (2985) - Gatineau, Quebec, CANADA - MAR 23, 2004
Pale cloudy body with nice creamy white head. Very pleasant citrus nose. Very sweet wheat flavor followed by a short bittersweet final. This is a good and easily available everyday Witbier.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Catharsis (9) - North London, ENGLAND - MAR 23, 2004 does not count
Bottled. A light, lemongrass aroma with a hint of yeast is the first thing to greet you as you draw the glass towards you. The head is fluffy, and if served at the right temperature, it lasts. The beer is a cloudy, pale yellow colour. As for the taste, I find this beer to be extremely smooth and soft for its type, although it does leave a tingle of carbonation on the tongue. Hints of lemon, citrus and a definate hint of corriander stand out in the flavour, with a very slight hint of caramel in the aftertaste. Not bitter at all.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
willblake (2647) - Bel Air, Maryland, USA - MAR 19, 2004
Pale (Coors light color, really) yellow, very clouded with yeast and carbonation and a big, two-finger, pure white head that lasts. A quite appealing beer to see, and the tasty floral, spice (coriander, clove), and citrus aromas waft off the head and perfume the air around me. I can't believe how many times I've walked past this stuff thinking it was nothing worth trying just because of nice packaging and good marketing. Huh. The body is crisp but the mouthfeel is full and soft, velvety almost. Nice fresh herbal flavors, crisply lemon-ish, but not much bitterness or tartness. Really nice, affordable, low ABV, easily quaffed, great with spicy foods, too. A nice surprise.