overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Hoegaarden (InBev)
Style: Belgian White (Witbier)
Hoegaarden, Belgium
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 3655   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Unfiltered Belgian White, flavored with coriander and orange peel, creating a sweet & sour taste.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Boystout (1000) - Chisinau, MOLDOVA - SEP 2, 2003
Pale straw color, cloudy with great white head. Spicy and clovy aroma, malty, sweet and citric flavour. Good but not special.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
matta (1140) - Tampa, Florida, USA - SEP 1, 2003
I just don’t see the excitement unless this was the beer that declared “Belgian White/Wheat Beers”. This Hoegaarden blanche was not an epic beer by my tastes, it was simply citric, wheaty, and yeasty. The appearance was a pail golden/orange with a fluffy white head, and a medium watery palate, lightly oily. A good beer, but I’m not about to loose my mind over it!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
papajohn (1249) - San Diego (Mira Mesa), California, USA - AUG 31, 2003
UPDATED: APR 29, 2006 Cloudy pale yellow green color. Medium white head. Nose is yeast and spice. Flavor is lightly sweet, slightly acidic (lemony), a little peppery with hints of clove and coriander. Finish is dry and spicy.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
mullet (849) - Melbourne, AUSTRALIA - AUG 30, 2003
UPDATED: DEC 1, 2005 Aroma is very, very clovey. Also has a slight alcohol/CO2 smell similar to putting your head in a fermenter. Flavour is lightly sweet, a bit citrusy and peppery with a very faint hint of bitterness at the end. Used to drink a lot of this, and I remember it being slightly more flavoursome. Very nice though.
RR: Geez... I swear this used to be a lot better. So watery - just very little going on at all. This is a great beer style, but this is a very ordinary beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
shintriad (700) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 29, 2003
Draught: Those big-ass glasses, as independent testing has proved, yield more beer than your average pint, which is a good thing. You all know what it looks like by now, but you gotta love that head, and the bold clove and citrus flavours. The body is a bit watery for my taste though, and I wouldn't add any lemon to it. One of the most refreshing summer patio-beers around.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
HarmonKill-a-Brew (407) - Wilmar, Arkansas, USA - AUG 24, 2003
UPDATED: JUN 13, 2004 I'm sorry, I guess I just don't get it with this one... I like this style ok.. Boulevard Zon is a very good beer... but this one seemed to be lacking. I really couldn't taste the orange flavor that seems to be the trade mark of the style. A refreshing beer, but a little disappointing :-(

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Daytona00 (132) - Quebec City, Quebec, CANADA - AUG 23, 2003
Fuzzy white color with a beautiful head. Very sweet taste with a subtil orange zest. One of the best witbier.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
gsmitty80 (1811) - Washington DC, USA - AUG 23, 2003
UPDATED: JUN 2, 2005 Very spicy and slightly sweet. I didnt like it the first time i rated it but after a refined palate this is a good beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
tallmatt67 (99) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - AUG 21, 2003
(bottle conditioned)Flowery, slightly spicy aroma with clove and orange zest. Light yellow, moderately hazy if poured properly. Malt and wheat shine through a thinnish body and a sourish, but dry, finish. Lingering spice. Awesome!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
tsarman (794) - Northern, New Jersey, USA - AUG 20, 2003
UPDATED: AUG 30, 2004 Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Interesting, frothy, sweet, smooth and delicious beer. So smooth and delicious, it immediately put me in the mood for swimming. I wanted to swim in a lake of this beer. I wanted to be like Scrooge McDuck in this beer it felt so smooth. Light and easy, the easiest smoothest beer I have ever tasted. Halfway through I spritzed a little Lemon into it, and it overpowered the flavor a little bit, but even then it was good. I want to replace water with this stuff it was so easy to drink. In a word--superb. PS...Over one year later after reading this, boy am I absurd. Enjoy