overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Hoegaarden (InBev)
Style: Witbier
Hoegaarden, Belgium
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 4094   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.5/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Unfiltered Belgian White, flavored with coriander and orange peel, creating a sweet & sour taste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Fiend (104) - Calgary, Alberta, CANADA - APR 1, 2005
With a thin white head, cloudy appearance, and beautiful aroma this beer is one of my favorites. The corriander and orange peel provides the perfect balance of flavor to the beer. Extra points for the oversized glass that makes you feel like a king while drinking it!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Beerguys (50) - Calgary, Alberta, CANADA - APR 1, 2005
UPDATED: JUL 29, 2005 I had to re-rate this beer. I had this on tap at a local pub. Beer was poured in one of the big Hoegaarden glasses. Poured cloudy pale yellow with a nice head. Lots of wheat & yeast in the smell. The citrus in taste was very forward. I have also had this from a bottle and they were lacking a little in the taste but still better that my first experence with this beer (mabey I got a bad batch the first time)

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
cathcacr (646) - Oregon, USA - APR 1, 2005
Falls somewhere around a 5/10 at best, maybe 4.5/10. Hard-to-detect aroma, appearance a cloudy urine-yellow but nice head + retention. Flavor fluffy and light without any pretense of depth. Average mouthfeel. Perhaps the lightest of light Belgians. I’d be curious to see how this compares to 1 parts Belgian Strong mixed with 1 parts American macro. Letsee, [4/5 + 0.5/5] / 2 = 2.25/5. There you go.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
ericmc83 (207) - Arkansas, USA - MAR 31, 2005
Pours a light cloudy yellow. Aroma is of wheat and some lemon. Same in the flavor. I guess if you’re a fan of this type of brew then it might be ok, but I personally find the taste of wheat unpleasant in my beer. I bet that if I drank this type of beer more then I’d get used to it. Also, it’s too expensive. At least in Arkansas it is.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
skisangelo (60) - Collingswood, New Jersey, USA - MAR 31, 2005
The first time I had this beer I thought it tasted like vaseline and my friend said it reminded him of balogna. People keep telling me to try it again, but I just don’t seem able after my frist impression. rating it a bit higher because I seem to be missing something.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Ray1975 (251) - Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, USA - MAR 31, 2005
Poured a cloudy light yellow color with a medium bright white head... The aroma was of belgian yeast with a hint of lemon. The flavor was lemon and wheat with a small hint of the belgian yeast. This was very refreshing and would be a great beer to have around the pool on a hot summer day but was not great. I could find a better session for less money..

rederic (3253) - montréal, Quebec, CANADA - MAR 30, 2005
Yellow straw hazy hue, with thick foamy head, leaving laces on the side of the glass. Fresh wheat, citric fruits of lemons, grapefruits,oranges aromas with a spicy touch of coriander, follows through a medium-bodied with a mellowness palate, a lactic accent coming from the acidity of his citrus flavors leading by the orange dry peels, who gives it his quenching taste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
joost (2) - SWITZERLAND - MAR 30, 2005 does not count
good looking when poured and likes a little lemon added to it..... refreshing and ver drinkable

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
BeerPharaoh (5) - Hackensack, New Jersey, USA - MAR 30, 2005 does not count
I was unimpressed with this beer. I had it in bottle, but I followed th puring directions on the label. It was hard to drink, too sour. I think Paulaner Hefe is a much better beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
swirl (267) - collingswood, New Jersey, USA - MAR 30, 2005
The first time I had this beer it tasted like balogna. However at the insistence of a trusted friend I gave this beer another try. Wow definately better the second time around while still not my favorite the pale straw color along with the citrus/orange peel aroma with a hint of coriander was definately more appealing. The taste this time was spicier showing some pepper along with a champagne like carbonation.