overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Hoegaarden (InBev)
Style: Belgian White (Witbier)
Hoegaarden, Belgium
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 3692   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Unfiltered Belgian White, flavored with coriander and orange peel, creating a sweet & sour taste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
flemdawg (533) - Naples, Florida, USA - MAY 6, 2003
Almost clear in color. Very wheaty in both the aroma and the flavor. Almost like a loaf of bread in my glass. I wouldn't like it all the time, but it was very good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
desurfer (1224) - Melbourne, Florida, USA - MAY 1, 2003
Frothy white head and an opaque yellow body. Lemony/spicy aroma. Somewhat bland lemon flavor, notes of sweetness and spice. I'm not overly impressed, considering some of the rave reviews on this site.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
kalisto9 (73) - Crafton, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 30, 2003
This is flavored with coriander and orange peel, but I got the impression of a light cinnamon flavor. Maybe it's just me, but this is a fantastic Belgian brew. The draft is supreme.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
aobecksy (700) - Middle of no where, Ohio, USA - APR 28, 2003
UPDATED: MAY 10, 2003 Alas my forced imperial stout day has ended and I am greeted with the sweetest of drinks as it dances on my lips. So sweet yet crisp. Yellow with real head-- just like a girl likes. If the draft is superior take me there!!!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Spiesy (2338) - Sydney, Greater London, AUSTRALIA - APR 28, 2003
Murky yellow colour, with a big bold head. Citrus and herb aromas donít sit well with me at all. Itís not a bad beer its just not my cup of tea. Who would have thought to put coriander in beer??

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
odelay (37) - fuquay-varina, North Carolina, USA - APR 27, 2003
smooth, but not in a light beer kind of way. not as overpowering as blue moon. seems watered down at first, but the more you drink it, the more you realize it isn't

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
GregClow (2912) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - APR 27, 2003
Rating is based on the draught version, which is superior to the bottled. This is a solid textbook example of the style, and easily the best of the ubiquitous Interbrew line of "premium imports". It ain't Celis White, but it's the closest you can currently get in Ontario, so I'll settle for it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
clvand0 (350) - Lexington, Kentucky, USA - APR 13, 2003
This beer pours a light orange color with a small white head. The aroma is extremely citrus-filled. Adding an orange to this beer makes it very good. The taste is of citrus and some other spices. Very nice.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Betty (235) - Walgett, NSW, AUSTRALIA - APR 10, 2003
UPDATED: MAY 13, 2003 Bottle: Mr Kelly loves the fine aromas, but I like that I can swig a whole case on my lunch break. On keg at Epoque: had this waiting for a bus in Cammeray. I dunno, a little less yeasty than the bottled stuff. It's a pretty dumb beer really. Easy to drink but not that exciting and everything.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
BierBauch (784) - Cape Coral Waterfront Wonderland, Florida, USA - APR 9, 2003
UPDATED: AUG 23, 2005 First off, I have to say that Iím rating a bottle and not a draught Hoegaarden. Theyíre almost like two different animals. The draught is far superior and I donít understand why. At any rate, the beer pours nicely and looks beautiful in the glass. The problem is that it doesnít live up to itís reputation in my opinion. The flavors that come out in the draught are hardly present. It tastes to me like a pale wheat beer. The draught is far superior for sure. Update 8/05 Just had some fresh bottles and much better than original review. Yeast and wheat flavors are nice and aroma of coriander is detected. A nice brew.