overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Hoegaarden (InBev)
Style: Belgian White (Witbier)
Hoegaarden, Belgium
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 3633   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Unfiltered Belgian White, flavored with coriander and orange peel, creating a sweet & sour taste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
akapadia (3) - USA - JAN 26, 2003 does not count
Don't drink this beer too cold, I had to wait for it to warm up to get the right palate. Good flavor and aroma. Doesn't need an orange to go with it, it has enough fruity flavor.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Crit (3350) - Surrey, British Columbia, CANADA - JAN 24, 2003
Cloudy orange with white head.Lightly spiced citrus nose. Tart spicy citrus flavor israther acidic, but refreshing

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
DallasBryan (111) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JAN 23, 2003
hefe wiezen with coriander

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
harlequinn (2744) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - JAN 22, 2003
I actually had the misfortune of drinking a pitcher of this with a friend one night as it came highly recommended. It was all I could do to get through the pitcher. Citrusy and cloudy easy to drink but it just did not get along with my palate.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Hougly (37) - Nova Scotia, CANADA - JAN 22, 2003

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
jennythenipper (74) - St. Paul, Minnesota, USA - JAN 22, 2003
Maybe this beer came through for me in a pinch, or something, but it kind of knocked my socks off. I had been traipsing around the hell that is Ikea on Sunday, wandered into an ugly crowded bar and wasn't expecting anything near this good. So refreshing so perfect. Quite strong, but isn't that what you need when you just want to forget the furniture with umlots and the screaming children? Tried another one later in the day and it wasn't quite as good, but then it's refreshment impact would have to be lessened. Still a crisp, tasty witbier that I will seek out again.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Voivod (304) - Como, ITALY - JAN 21, 2003
The most popular Belgian white. The taste is refreshing with traces of orange and lemon. Very good beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
omhper (19370) - Tyresö, SWEDEN - JAN 21, 2003
Draught. Pale yellow and hazy with creamy head. Pleasant aroma of curacao and orange. Sweet, light bodied and very refreshing. If only all megabrews were this good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
obxdude10 (2043) - Limerick, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 20, 2003
I was very surprised in how much I like this beer, I am no fan of Belgian witbiers, but this one took me by surprised, and I'm very glad I sucked it up & bought a bottle of this, I was pleasntly surprised, the appearance was oddly similar to grapefruit juice, nice soft white silky head that laced around the glass, the color was a hazed light-golden, hints of a musty nose with a bit of tartness, very well balanced with a medium-drinkable body, the flavors seemed a bit bland, but still a very drinkable beer, definitely the best Beglian Wit I've ever had

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
WISEGUY572 (1373) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 19, 2003
Cloudy, cloudy, cloudy, light straw or dark lemonade, with almost no head. Appearance put me off at first — much lighter and much more cloudy than anything I had seen before. Taste of clove, hot pepper, wheat, hoppy bitterness, and a great, astringent lemony freshness. Mouthfeel a little too light. Great beer to kill a thirst on a hot summer day.